Please forward a cover letter and resume.
The Architect’s Newspaper is a dynamic, award winning B-to-B publishing group serving the architectural and design profession. The group publishes print, digital, national conferences and special events. Our loft style offices are located in Tribeca with a staff that has a lot of creative talent in editorial, marketing and events.
We are growing and have ambitious projections for the future. We are looking for an a creative, energetic, organized, resourceful Operations Manger to lead and oversee the activities of our twenty+ person team, keep our office running smoothly and create a happy positive work environment.
The Operations Manger will report directly to the President and will be part of our decision making team. The ideal candidate will have publishing business experience either in a small business environment or running a group within a larger organization. This person will weigh in on business decisions that affect the growth of the business.
- Maintain an efficient office including devising and implementing process and process improvements.
- Research and implement new tech/software to increase productivity.
- In charge of the office management process for workflow, calendar, including company reporting/accountability and documentation.
- Support and project manage new publishing initiatives
- Manage Human Resources
- Hire, train staff and create process for onboarding and reviews.
- Maintain all staff records, including job descriptions
- Manage benefits program
- Create an employee handbook
- Financial liaison between president, accountant, bookkeeper and sales team.
3+ years experience in a management role
Superb interpersonal and communication skills
Stellar organization skills and follow-through
Unwavering attention to detail
An active interest in the growth of the company
Analytical and problem solving skills
Experience with staffing and building great teams
Apply for Operations Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly