6 days left
- Full Time
We're seeking a talented sales professional to join our advertising sales team. You'll sell advertising to our loyal, nation-wide university and non-profit clients. Tapping into your hunter instincts, you'll also have plenty of opportunity to target and sell to new customers at a higher commission rate. Serving our customers' needs is our number one priority. You'll have a big role to play in helping us achieve that by providing outstanding customer service and growing revenue in your territory.
What you’ll do:
- Build relationships with new and existing customers as their sales consultant. Assess their short- and long-term talent acquisition needs and match them with Chronicle advertising products.
- Blanket your territory with sales activity to grow revenue with new and existing customers.
- Successfully engage with both academic and administrative decision-makers and staff at both 2 year and 4 year universities and non-profit organizations.
- Attend some face-to-face sales meetings with local non-profit organizations when opportunities arise.
- 3+ years of inside sales experience or consultative phone-selling experience.
- Demonstrated success in building relationships with customers and serving in a consultative sales role.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Must be a highly motivated hunter, who is comfortable with outbound sales activity.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Interested candidates should send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with "Advertising Sales Representative" in the subject heading.
The Chronicle is based in Washington, D.C. and offers excellent benefits including 5 weeks of vacation a year.
A journalism-driven multimedia company, The Chronicle of Higher Education and The Chronicle of Philanthropy provide award-winning news coverage to people on college campuses and to nonprofit organizations around the world. Vitae is The Chronicle’s online career hub, which offers free career management tools, a powerful community, and the candid insights that academics need to build successful careers and fulfill their mission.
The Chronicle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for Sales Representative
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly