Associate Art Director
Houstonia Magazine is seeking a self-motivated, meticulous, team-player for an immediate opening in the position of Associate Art Director, in Houston, Texas.
The Associate Art Director position is responsible for designing editorial layouts for narrative and service features, and magazine departments, assigning photography and illustrations, and color-proofing photos.
- 3–5 years of successful design experience at a consumer magazine
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to create information graphics or typography
- Strong design sensibility
- Proven track record as a team player
- High proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, PhotoShop, and Illustrator)
- Experience with Digital Publishing Suite
- Web skills including design, video and interactive media are preferred
- Creative vision
- Ability to generate original concepts
- High level of design sophistication
- Keen eye for photography
- Exceptional typography skills
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced team environment
- Must be detail-oriented and set high standards for accuracy
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills required
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of all employee and company information
To Apply: Please send cover letter, résumé, and PDFs or links to relevant samples. No phone calls, please.
About Houstonia Magazine
Houstonia is an an award-winning, 85,000-circulation publication dedicated to the highest standards in editorial and design, based in one of the nation’s largest and most interesting cities.
About SagaCity Media
SagaCity Media Inc. is a growing and award-winning multimedia company whose titles include Seattle Met, Portland Monthly, Houstonia and Aspen Sojourner.