Growth Editor, Makeup.com
Love beauty AND analytics? Would your dream job involve testing products, pitching story ideas, conceptualizing photo shoots, and strategizing social media content -- all with audience and SEO growth in mind? POPSUGAR is looking for a strategic, innovative growth editor to grow the audience for Makeup.com. The growth editor will be responsible for drilling into analytics daily to understand (and act on) audience interest, writing the Makeup.com newsletter and growing newsletter subscriptions, tracking editor output and visit return, suggesting content tailored for specific platforms, and pursuing content opportunities based on data. If you have a passion for beauty content and experience using data to grow a site, we want to talk to you!
- Oversee weekly and monthly metric reporting on Makeup.com
- Write newsletters and grow newsletter subscriptions
- Partner with Senior Native Editorial Editorial Director to lead push notification strategy for site content
- Track content output and return
- Manage all editorial partnerships for site
- Oversee SEO strategy, monitor top performing stories, and identify new SEO goals with provided tool
- Write and edit stories for SEO
- Oversee social media strategy to help grow site traffic
- Partner with Senior Native Editorial Director to provide content insights that drive to site’s KPIs, with a focus on engagement, social reach, total visits, and time on site
- Identify trending topics and assign news posts for immediate traffic wins
- Support team with other site, analytics, tool, or content projects as needed
- In order to thrive in this role, you must have...
- 3-5 years of experience in product management/online publishing, or related field
- Passion for and experience with beauty content
- Experience with various analytics tools and ability to train up on new tools quickly
- Ability to translate site data into actionable content direction
- Familiarity with web traffic trends and environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Ability to stay ahead of trends and adapt to a constantly changing digital landscape
- Advanced analytics and HTML skills
Please submit a resume and cover letter telling us why you think you’d be the perfect fit for this role. This is full-time temporary position, and takes place on site in NYC. No phone calls, please.