Isenberg School of Management
University of Massachusetts Amherst
UMass Amherst is one of the major public research universities in America. Nestled in idyllic Amherst, Massachusetts, the campus is consistently ranked among the top public research universities in the nation, and offers a rich cultural environment in a rural setting close to major urban centers.
The Isenberg School of Management is AACSB accredited, with nationally recognized undergraduate and MBA programs. The core business disciplines are Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing, Operations & Information Management, Department of Hospitality & Tourism Management, and Mark H. McCormack Department of Sport Management.
The Content Manager is responsible for creating and executing new and interesting content, with a focus on departmental and academic stories and media relations. Tasks include gathering, writing, editing and creatively directing content and collateral materials in cooperation with other members of the Isenberg Marketing & Communications Team and the School as a whole. The Content Manager works closely with all seven Isenberg academic departments, including faculty and administrative staff, to meet Isenberg brand standards. This person will also regularly interact with important key stakeholders/external constituents such as alumni and donors. This role also requires management of our senior writer, a number of external vendors and a team of student workers at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Five years’ experience in communications, advertising or public relations
- A Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Psychology, Creative Writing, or a related field
- Preference given to candidates who hold a Master's degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Psychology, Creative Writing, or related field, with three years of experience in communications, advertising or public relations
- Attention to detail, flexible, positive and proactive under pressure
- Skilled at project management, follow-up and follow-through
- Ability to work independently, problem solve, take initiative, set priorities, handle multiple projects, and exercise good judgment in an organized and professional manner
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Required to work some nights and weekends
- Experience building and/or managing initiatives on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Highly motivated with a passion for writing on the web (blogging, tweeting, commenting, etc.) and discovering new digital platforms and apps
- Creative and proactive communication skills for extracting, synthesizing and articulating ideas into accessible information for broad audiences
- Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills
- Design skills (Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite), video capturing and editing skills (Final Cut Pro, IMovie), and photography skills
PROFESSIONAL STAFF SALARY ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM POSITION LEVEL: 26
See: http://www.umass.edu/humres/sites/default/files/2015 PSU Salary Schedule.pdf
On campus applicants are defined as Amherst campus, non-student employees.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and names and contact information of three professional references to: https://umass.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp;jsessionid=83F76BD94A074A37A743FCE00E173E03;jsessionid=09BF7B714FD598406A3A33995A9080EE?JOBID=89035.
Applicants should apply by the priority deadline of September 25, 2017 in order to ensure consideration.
The University of Massachusetts Amherst is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities and encourages applications from these and other protected group members.