Seeker exists where technology, innovation and the future collide. We celebrate relentless curiosity with an insatiable drive to question, inspire, and create. Seeker Media connects with its audiences through daily videos published on YouTube, Facebook and our own Seeker.com. We produce best-in-class science content, short documentaries and ground-breaking Virtual Reality experiences. Seeker Media is part of Group Nine Media and located in San Francisco, CA.
Seeker Media is looking for a Senior Graphic Designer to join our passionate team of storytellers and help bring our original media content to life. The role will work closely with editorial leads, video producers & editors, our award winning branded content team and senior management. The Senior Designer will develop and produce artwork & motion graphics designs for our daily editorial video as well as development, branded content and client-facing pitch materials.
The ideal candidate has multi-disciplinary experience designing in various mediums, including digital native video platforms, with strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Effectively maintain the Seeker brand aesthetics through imagery, motion, print, and presentations
- Assist in refining the Seeker brand style guide to equip the production teams with design direction, ensuring consistent brand standards across all messaging and branded content
- Collaborate with Seeker’s video team to design engaging motion graphic video assets & storyboards for our studio hosted, thumbnails, field documentaries, VR/360 experiences and new development
- Collaborate with the Branded Content team to design custom presentations, business development pitches, including campaign case studies, promotional materials and sales marketing collateral
- Work closely with the senior management team to execute assets for development pitches, and general Seeker presentations as needed
- Research current industry & design trends to keep Seeker’s brand fresh for our audience and publishing platforms
- Craft high-quality original concepts with minimal direction
- Organize and catalog visual assets for easy internal reference
- Prioritizing workload and managing expectations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Four-year degree in graphic/motion design, communications arts, or a related field - OR - equivalent experience
- Minimum 5+ years-experience working in creative agency, media company environments and/or marketing, advertising or entertainment related fields
- Experience with motion graphics, branding packages, infographics, presentation templates
- Working with video editors in a post-production workflow; working with branded content producers designing client presentations and pitches
- Highly proficient in Adobe CC (Photoshop, AfterEffects, Illustrator, Premiere) and Keynote/PowerPoint
- Please provide a link to your portfolio of recent work on your resume
- Experience designing motion graphics & in-video assets with Adobe After Effects
- Passion for art, design, science, technology
- Enjoy video content on many different platforms – you really like watching videos on YouTube & Facebook
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals & activism (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.