Director of Healthcare Communications
A quickly growing public relations firm in DC is hiring a Director of Healthcare Communications to manage several healthcare client accounts and to help lead our firm. Candidates must have at least 3-5 years of prior healthcare public relations or communications experience. Must be able to lead clear and impactful engagement with patient groups to help the firm’s clients and build the reputation of the firm’s overall healthcare business. The ideal candidate will have experience collaborating with client federal, state and local advocacy and alliance teams on their legislative, grassroots and third-party activities and campaigns.
Directors engage in daily client consultation and strategy development, produce high-level communications materials and manage media relations campaigns. They are part of the firm's senior management and assist with business development, mentorship and strategic planning.
Our firm is committed to high quality, personal service and we specialize in strategic public affairs communications, reputation management, business and consumer public relations, and digital communications.
• At least 3-5 years of healthcare public relations or communications experience
• Health policy knowledge at both the federal and state level
• Knowledge of the patient advocacy landscape and existing relationships with third party groups in the healthcare space
• Coalition or third party campaign management and healthcare media relationship
• Healthcare public affairs campaign strategy development/execution
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Experience managing staff
• Experience managing clients and/or project teams
• Strong attention to detail, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience developing and editing high-quality written materials
• Familiarity with the professional use of digital media channels
• Bachelor’s degree
Apply for Director of Healthcare Communications
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly