Pleroma Media is a fast-growing digital media company that buys, owns and operates web properties across several verticals, including Technology, Entertainment, Music, Science, Sport, Gaming, Education and Health. We are looking for a talented, experienced (5+ years) and passionate social-media savvy Managing Editor to join our team. The Managing Editor will oversee the day-to-day operations of our publications, manage the editorial schedule and writers, while also maintaining team of freelancers and interns.
You must have experience managing a team of reporters across different web properties or verticals, spotting trends and be in the forefront of what’s new and exciting across all the verticals. You should be able to report the news (as well as break them), and be able to provide analysis and context for it.
Solid understanding of how to reach our audience - both through storytelling and via social media - is a must.
Your job will involve developing and assigning stories that will resonate with audiences across multiple distribution verticals.
- At least 5 years experience in developing, assigning and editing content across several web properties or verticals for a fast-paced digital media publisher
- Proven supervisory skills
- Be a creative storyteller. You must possess the ability to spot and shape great stories and engage readers
- Be result-driven
- Ability to stay organized and meet deadlines
- Have a strong social media presence. You must have experience in use of social networks, online forums, and SEO to draw readers
- Have great network of industry experts and go-to sources
- Proficiency with Google Analytics and basic digital media analytics concepts
- Have multimedia skills to form interesting, compelling and unique/original stories using images, gifs, video, headlines and other publishing elements
- Have proven track record of developing and assigning engaging news content, interviews, features, or scoops on various topics with viral potential
- Have excellent writing, editing and communication skills
What You Will Do:
- Develop and work with a team of talented writers to shape and craft multi-platform content strategy, including short/long form content, that hits our target audience
- Define, create and promote content across social media platforms
- Identify current social media trends and create strategies to stay ahead of those trends
- Package editorial content with optimal social positioning, including image selection, headline testing, and writing and editing compelling copies
- Responsible for keeping traffic up through the week
- Light community management
This is a full time position in our New York City office.
How to Apply:
In your application, include your CV, 2 references and a cover letter detailing your interest in the Managing Editor position to our HR department