Campaign Operations Officer
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD). The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus—thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest global funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside the U. S. federal government, having funded over $750 million in research projects in both academic and industry labs worldwide.
Core to our philosophy is how we think of our capital and its risk profile relative to other stakeholders in the drug development pipeline. We work aggressively to de-risk various therapeutic strategies and tools in the hopes of building a robust pipeline of new treatments for patients. In order to achieve our mission of finding a cure for PD it is critical that we engage with, and bring together, members of the PD community including researchers, physicians, health professionals and most important, people with Parkinson's and their families. We believe that raising the Foundation’s profile with a broader audience will help us more efficiently reach and mobilize highly engaged stakeholders who are more likely to feel personally vested in helping speed progress toward a cure.
We believe that to find a cure for PD as quickly as possible, our capital needs to push research forward today—we therefore deliberately have no endowment. We instead start our fundraising from zero each year and seek to deploy funds raised as quickly and wisely as possible. MJFF raises over $90 million annually. Today, the Foundation has approximately 130 full-time employees who are based in New York City. This is an onsite position and is not conducive to telecommuting.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation seeks a Campaign Operations Officer, who will be responsible for the day-to-day, hands-on execution of email marketing programs in support of the Foundation’s mission. In this role, you will provide technical expertise in creating, scheduling, and measuring automated and individual email communications using an industry leading marketing automation platform.
The Campaign Operations Officer is responsible for list management, segmentation, and the creation of custom queries. They design and code html email templates, build automated email programs, perform A/B testing and implement email best practices. They also work with the Analytics team to provide measurement and reporting across digital communication channels.
We are looking for an individual with solid communication skills, technical acumen, and a desire to grow in this role. The Foundation is consolidating our marketing operations and multi-channel communications on the Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform and this role will be central to this exciting project.
• Execute email marketing programs in support of Foundation objectives. This includes ownership of the email/landing page, setup, segmentation and deployment.
• Create and optimize audience segmentation supporting email programs in collaboration with business stakeholders.
• Code responsively designed emails/email templates that are cross-browser, cross-client compatible.
• Understand email design, delivery, and analytics and be able to effectively communicate this to non-technical stakeholders.
• Build and maintain automated email campaigns and 1-1 customer journeys.
• Maintain a current understanding of email marketing best practices and apply them to the execution of Foundation email campaigns.
• Work collaboratively across teams to adhere to production schedules and ensure campaigns are delivered accurately and on time.
• 1-3 years’ experience building, coding, optimizing and deploying email campaigns.
• Experience with email marketing automation software (Salesforce Marketing Cloud/ExactTarget, Marketo, Eloqua, etc..).
• Knowledge of database concepts, list management, querying and segmentation
• Attention to detail, excellent time management, flexibility and ability to multi-task.
• Tech savvy and self-driven with a desire to learn, collaborate, and grow.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree (Preferably in a related field).
• Understanding of email best practices for deliverability and CAN-SPAM compliance
• Experience working with CRM systems and integrating related platforms
• Experience optimizing email performance with A/B and multivariate testing
• Experience using web analytics tools to optimize conversion and outcomes
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing their specific qualifications and interest in the position. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. Please, no telephone inquiries and do not contact our staff directly. Only applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.