Principal Associate, Brand Media
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Associate, Brand Media
Are you ready to apply your advertising expertise to a dynamic Fortune 200 company? Are you looking for a place where you can be curious, drive change, and grow your career in ways you never imagined? If so, we want to talk to you.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to join Capital One in the Brand Media Department, assisting with development of media strategy, planning and execution of investments for Capital One Brand and assigned Lines of Business (LOBs). The ideal candidate will be a team player who will thrive in a fast-paced environment, be proactive, and have a desire to learn and a passion for media.
Media responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with Brand Strategy, Brand Advertising, Digital, Social, and Marketing & Analysis teams to develop integrated marketing campaigns which address business goals and priorities
- Support brand and product campaigns across mass media channels including TV, print, and digital platforms
- Contribute ideas that drive innovation and impact within the media plan by incorporating new channels and using traditional channels in unique ways
- Evaluate syndicated research data (MRI, Nielsen, Simmons, Arbitron, Scarborough), develop points of view, and understand applications towards business goals
- Develop a solid understanding of financial services competitive category, monitor trade publications, stay current with media trends and identify opportunity areas
- Manage campaign budgets and calendars, including monthly reconciliation, provide regular reporting, and recommend opportunities for media investment
- Develop strong agency partner and media vendor relationships
- Work with agency Traffic department and internal creative team to ensure adherence to process timeline and on-time delivery of assets
- Collaborate with other media team members to ensure integration across channels and campaigns
- Track, benchmark and report on key performance indicator.
- Keen process orientation and ability to work independently to resolve problems.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, to prioritize assignments based on business critical outcomes, and to adhere to timelines.
- Experience writing media briefs and working with marketing strategy and agency partners.
- General understanding of media principles, planning and buying functions, and media software and research tools (MRI, Simmons, Scarborough, Nielsen, Comscore).
- Bachelors Degree or Military experience.
- At least 5 years of professional experience.
- At least 2 years of experience within an advertising/media agency or corporate in-house environment.
- At least 2 year supporting mass media programs for Fortune 500 brands.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).