Assistant Marketing Manager
- Full Time
This position will manage and implement marketing for a list of journals in high priority subject areas, including proposing, monitoring, and meeting budgets for those journals, marketing planning and implementation of the list, contributing to journals development with editorial for these titles, and serving as the market expert in the fields marketed, including contributing to bids in the subject area and monitoring of competitors in the field.
You will have an understanding of the strategic marketing planning process, combined with strong experience of developing and implementing marketing campaigns using the full marketing mix. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills, and the ability to build strong relationships both internally and with external stakeholders.
You embrace change, are positive under pressure and enjoy the support of an interactive team. You will be well organized and have the time-management skills to be able to prioritize a challenging workload, and will have the ability to work on your own initiative.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
• Create and develop annual marketing plans for a list of journals, managing implementation of campaigns and tracking of response.
• Maintain and build relationships with key society partners and external editors. Present marketing plans, reports, and research to publishing societies, editorial boards, and other key stakeholders for journals. Attend relevant editorial board meetings.
• Propose, manage, and monitor marketing budgets for journals managed.
• Conduct marketing research and data analysis (in consultation with the market research department) to contribute both to the development of managed journals and development of marketing plans. Build subject and marketing expertise in subject area.
• Identify unique selling points and key messages of managed journals, as well as marketing goals for the year. Write marketing copy for print and electronic marketing pieces.
• Monitor and analyze key data for journals managed, including subscription and circulation data, usage data, alert registration, and other customer measures.
• Manage communication with editorial flagging key content being published. Liaise with relevant staff in publicity, communications, and social media to appropriately and effectively promote notable and timely content.
• Contribute subject marketing expertise to bids for new journals, including proposed marketing plans and competitor research.
• Staff OUP booths at academic and medical conferences both domestically and internationally
• Manage and coordinate design and print work for marketing campaigns, including posters, flyers, banners, flyers, as well as work with external designers.
• Manage a marketing associate, who will assist in campaign implementation. Ensure the associate is provided with proper training, given guidance and monitoring, is managing his or her workload appropriately, and is completing tasks effectively and on deadline.
3 years of relevant experience in marketing or academic publishing.
Ability and willingness to travel.
Familiarity with MS Word and MS Excel preferred.
Excellent organizational and communication skills as well as a genuine and demonstrable interest in publishing and marketing.
Job requires physical ability to lift 50 lb. boxes of books.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
- EEO is the Law.