Editor, Travel Guides
AFAR is looking for a travel guide editor to join our digital editorial team. The right candidate will have a strong background in travel-guide curation and play a key role in developing and expanding our destination coverage online, both for our award-winning website (AFAR.com) and for our strategic partners. This position can be based in our New York or San Francisco office.
- Assign, edit, curate, and update new and existing destination guides, and related content, for AFAR.com and our partners.
- Work across editorial, dev, and marketing teams to identify destination priorities, editorial needs, and CMS enhancements.
- Deploy new guides, travel tools, and content to help our discerning travelers make the most of their trip.
- Mentor and develop local experts around the world.
- Commission, write, or edit additional destination features for AFAR.com as needed.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a related field or publication; travel-guide publishing expertise preferred
- Exceptional assigning, budgeting, editing, and curatorial expertise
- Deep familiarity working on a short lead time, in a CMS
- A roster of go-to writers around the globe
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Curiosity, enthusiasm, confidence, and professional maturity
- A love for journalism, online content, and a passion for travel
- Strong sense of humor