International Brand Manager
A three-billion-dollar global leader in the high performance and lifestyle footwear industry, Skechers USA, Inc. designs, develops and markets more than 3,000 styles for men, women and children. Skechers' success stems from its employees, high-quality, varied product offering, diversified domestic and international distribution channels, and targeted multi-channel marketing.
The company offers two distinct footwear categories: a lifestyle division and performance footwear. Through licensing agreements, the company also offers branded apparel, bags, eyewear, toys, and more.
Celebrity product endorsees for Skechers' collections include multi-platinum recording artists Meghan Trainor, model and actress Kelly Brook, TV personality Brooke Burke-Charvet, and boxing great Sugar Ray Leonard. In addition, elite marathon champion and Boston Marathon winner Meb Keflezighi, elite runner Kara Goucher, and pro golfers Matt Kuchar, Belén Mozo and Colin Montgomerie represent the Skechers Performance Division.
The Company sells its footwear in department, specialty and independent stores, as well as through more than 1340 Company-owned Skechers retail stores and online at skechers.com. Beyond the United States, Skechers product is available in more than 160 countries and territories through an international network of subsidiaries in Canada, Brazil, Chile, Japan, and 27 countries in Western and Central Eastern Europe, as well as through joint ventures in Asia and distributors around the world.
Headquartered in Manhattan Beach, California, Skechers is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol SKX.
With a goal of further building Skechers International business to more than 50% of total sales and maximizing the opportunities in each country in which we sell Skechers, International Marketing Manager will support the growth of Skechers International Business Channel through planning, strategizing, and ensuring all marketing efforts are in line with Company’s initiatives. Assist with the management of subsidiary, joint venture and franchisee budgets, and ensure ROI is consistent and in line. Provide direction and guidance on marketing initiatives. Working with countries to develop and implement strategic international marketing plans.
Essential Job Results
- With VP of Corporate Communication and Marketing, manages all subsidiary budgets on yearly, quarterly and monthly basis—working with the countries to ensure accuracy.
- Work with the subsidiary teams to ensure all marketing spends are within budgets and POs are done against all spend. Follow up and analyze ROI
- Work with franchisees to ensure all budgets are submitted, and work with subsidiaries to make sure plans are executed.
- Assess international initiatives and plans to ensure all are on target, and ROI is appropriate.
- Coordinates and aids in non-creative based marketing initiatives including events, PR, SIS, and other such plans.
- Communicates marketing initiatives quarterly through capsule presentation.
- Supervises the International Social Media pages to ensure that they are utilizing corporate standards. Works directly with the Social Media Specialist for corporate information and ideas.
- Coordinates all Subsidiary Skechers informational web pages and ecommerce pages as needed
- Manage Subsidiary translations for corporate and franchisee retail stores and web pages.
- Manages and files international images with International Marketing Director, Creative
- Main point of contact for International for all strategy and ROI conversations when VP of Corp Comm and Marketing is out of office/traveling for work.
- Responsible for ensuring all budgets are adhered to and are in line with the company’s direction.
- Assigned as needed.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret and understand budgets. Must have strong analytical skills.
- Possible International travel
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must be able to work well under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must have extensive knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of design software a plus.
- 3-5 years international marketing experience – lifestyle consumer brand a plus
- Requires a bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or related area.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Team player with a can-do attitude
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.