We’re hiring a highly motivated, energetic Sales Associate. You’ll join a talented sales team and contribute to growing revenue for The Chronicle’s site license business by identifying prospects and building relationships with new and existing customers in both traditional and non-traditional markets. You’ll report directly to the Sales Manager.
What you’ll do:
- Identify potential clients in both traditional and non-traditional markets for The Chronicle of Higher Education and The Chronicle of Philanthropy through regular research and prospecting activities using both internal and external sources
- Conduct new business outreach to potential clients through phone calls and e-mails
- Educate prospective clients on the value of institutional access to The Chronicle, and gathering intel on buying cycles, common objections, and pain points
- Support the Institutional Sales Manager in creating customized plans for sales territories
- Manage and respond to inbound requests from prospective clients
- Ensure the database contains accurate account details and contact information
- Support additional new business and audience development initiatives as needed
If you have these qualifications and want to grow in your sales career, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years’ relevant experience in business development or sales support.
- Superior communication skills and strong relationship-building acumen
- Proven success prospecting and making outbound sales calls
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
- Experience with a CRM system such as Salesforce.com preferred
Please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
The Chronicle is based in Washington, D.C. Our salaries are competitive and we offer excellent benefits, such as comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance, tuition reimbursement and 24 days of paid vacation.
A journalism-driven multimedia company, The Chronicle of Higher Education and The Chronicle of Philanthropy provide award-winning news coverage to people on college campuses and to nonprofit organizations around the world. Vitae is The Chronicle’s online career hub, which offers free career management tools, a powerful community, and the candid insights that academics need to build successful careers and fulfill their mission.