Digital Media Marketing Manager
Do you love all things digital, from social media to parallax web design? Do you know just enough coding and graphic design to get by, and do you have a passion for learning new things? Are you creative, engaged and organized, and are you looking for a close-knit culture where you can carve your own digital path? Do you thrive in a collaborative environment where you’re given freedom to organize your time?
Then we want to hear from you.
Advocate Media, an award-winning print and digital magazine company covering Oak Cliff, East Dallas, Lake Highlands and Preston Hollow, is looking for a Digital Media Specialist. As an independent media company, we offer a laid-back culture where self-motivated people flourish while enjoying immense creative freedom. You will succeed in this position if you’re a digital jack-of-all-trades who can help grow our multimedia editorial offerings while also juggling day-to-day tasks.
We are a small (18 employees) but ambitious team that encourages innovation and is always looking to diversify our products, so this position is ideal for someone full of new ideas who can handle deadline-oriented projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be a digital leader, helping to innovate our products with new ideas.
- Work with our award-winning Editorial team to develop new ways to produce and share content that will dazzle our readers and followers.
- Work with our Production team to maintain existing digital offerings, including the website, newsletter, social media pages and ad management system.
- Lead our Marketing team to develop contests and giveaways hosted by our magazines and come up with other ways to promote our products.
- Be a digital firefighter who can analyze and remedy problems as they arise.
- Be able to juggle multiple deadline-driven projects at once — we offer a lot of flexibility in schedule, and the ideal candidate will be self-motivated with strong time management skills.
- Be prepared to handle the often-changing priorities that come with media companies.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) required
1-3 years related experience required
Must have experience managing digital content such as blogs and videos. Must have at least basic experience in user-friendly programs such as WordPress and MailChimp, with the ability to learn more complex programs that may be unfamiliar. Experience with InDesign and Photoshop is highly preferred, as is basic coding knowledge. Experience with marketing is helpful.
Most importantly, this person must be a good fit with our laid-back family — we enjoy a culture with a lot of freedoms that is dependent on everyone doing their part. We need a team player, ideally one with a sense of humor who is eager to take ownership of the big picture on our digital products.
Please send us your resume, a cover letter explaining your interest and your salary history.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30-$35,000 per year, based on experience