News and Features Writer
Ziff Davis, a subsidiary of j2 Global, Inc., is a leading global digital-media company operating in four core verticals: Technology, Gaming, Healthcare and Shopping. Its brands – PCMag, Speedtest, ExtremeTech, Geek, Toolbox, IGN, Everyday Health, AskMen, Offers.com, TechBargains, emedia and Salesify – produce and distribute premium content across multiple platforms and devices. Ziff Davis delivers advertising, performance marketing, data services and licensing solutions to thousands of clients worldwide. Ziff Davis publishes in 25 languages and successfully partners with local publishing operators across 114 countries.
Turn your passion for technology into a full-time gig. Ziff Davis is looking for a News and Features Writer for PCMag.com, the leading source for technology news and reviews. The position is in the San Francisco Bay Area and will report to the Executive Editor in New York City. As the position is remote, candidates must be reliable, motivated, and communicative. You can turn a three-hour keynote into informative copy in under an hour, are able to track down an amusing story that will blow up on social, and can knock out several news stories per day, and do the occasional deeper dives, too.
Please include a cover letter and links to your work with your submission
**Ziff Davis is an Equal Opportunity Employer**
- Write several news stories a day.
- Pitch, develop, and write features stories.
- Select the day’s top consumer tech stories by analyzing search and social trends.
- Create rich stories that incorporate data, images, audio, and video.
- Cover the news desk solo after the East Coast shuts down.
- Attend press events in San Francisco and Silicon Valley and quickly turn around a story or hands on.
- Cover a variety of tech-related topics; knowledge of PC hardware a bonus.
- Be flexible and able to drop one thing and pick up another when news breaks.
- Stay in touch and communicate effectively with a NY-based team.
- Must be a fast, clean writer
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience covering consumer technology
- Able to prioritize important stories
- Can write and publish independently after the East Coast logs off