Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
Position Summary and General Description:
The Account Manager will work with the entire Academic and Government Sales team including Directors, Executive Licensing Managers, sales, marketing and support staff to develop existing accounts and proactively establish new relationships with colleges and customers to achieve revenue goals and drive new sales.
- Support the sales team in North America with regards to the NRG portfolio including:
- Renewal workflows
- New business generation
- Developing and qualifying a pipeline of leads
- Data analysis
- Become the NRG expert by developing a deeper knowledge and understanding of NRG products. Business models and their Key selling points and benefits in order to support the sales team and recognize business potential.
- Develop materials/activities to ensure renewal rates and upselling opportunities, such as:
- Account packs: Usage Statistics; upsell and model recommendations
- Review quarterly statistics with Account Development to identify at risk customers
- Responsible for updating legacy NRG systems and workflows to facilitate interim sales processes, such as:
- Point of contact for the sales team
- Learn and support new systems and workflows as they evolve.
- Populate CRM with opportunity and intelligence data.
- Cold calling to qualify leads, establish contacts and set up trials or meetings.
- Assist with reporting and tracking of activities as needed.
- Responsible for identifying and capitalizing on expansion opportunities within existing and new accounts.
- Understand client needs and requirements to uncover additional opportunities for potential growth in organic revenue.
- Foster long-standing customer relationships through a high level of interaction via telephone and email.
- Establish and build strong working relationships with internal Springer Nature departments and team members to ensure the successful delivery of services to our customers.
- Other duties as needed
- Candidates should have their Bachelor’s degree with minimum of two (2) years prior experience, preferably in sales and/or scholarly publishing.
- Self-motivated and willing to continuously improve client relationship management through pursuit of customer-service excellence.
- Ability to drive new sales and establish business relationships.
- Ability to work on proposal development.
- Proven ability to understand and effectively communicate with multiple functional groups.
- Proven track record of effectively increasing year-to-year revenue growth in a sales environment.
- Ability to effectively react in dynamic, customer-facing situations.
- Personable and detail-oriented with strong communication (written and oral), organizational and time management skills.
- Self-directed and motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong computer skills in databases, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required, SAP & Salesforce desirable.
- Limited travel may be required – up to 2 or 3 times a year
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours.
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is
The Law Poster: