Senior Events & Operations Manager, CLIO Awards
The Senior Events & Operations Manager, Clio Awards will play a critical role in the strategic planning and execution of all Clio annual events. S/he should have a background in event production, primarily focusing on operations and logistics. In addition, the Sr. Manager should have a working knowledge of the advertising industry including familiarity with the top global agencies, design firms, PR firms and production companies. S/he will work closely with senior level creative professionals and must be able to provide them with a level of comfort.
This is a full-time role based out of our New York City Headquarters in Midtown Manhattan.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Work with President to create and execute a CLIO event strategy plan which includes a cost-efficient hospitality execution and smart expense allocation
- Embody the CLIO brand as a Brand Ambassador
- Management of event operations and production
- Management of site selection for all events and negotiation of venue contracts
- Responsible for planning and execution of on-site judging and galas/events
- Responsible for financial management of all logistics/operations
- Manage vendors and partners involved in the execution of events
- Work with team on development of new events and partnerships
- Participate in agency/client visits (future travel may be required)
- Collaborate with Sponsorship Sales: Managing execution of sponsorship programs, packages and client deliverables
- Participate in strategic planning for brand; Assist in developing messaging that communicates the brands positioning and helps support the achievement of revenue goals
- Mentor and supervise the Operations Manager
- 7-10 years of event operations & logistics experiences
- Strategic marketing experience
- Event marketing & sales experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge or efficient research capabilities of advertising industry (consumer, healthcare, entertainment)
- Ability to travel domestically and abroad
- Exceptional organizational & multi-tasking skills and financial management
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively work with vendors and clients
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint and other common business software applications
About The Clio Awards
The Clio Awards, the esteemed international awards competition for the creative business, was founded in 1959 to celebrate high achievement in advertising. Clio surfaces work from around the world to identify creativity that not only moves consumers and makes icons of brands, but shapes a global industry. Clio honors the talent, agencies and brands behind the world's most innovative work annually at the Clio Awards, which includes Clio Fashion & Beauty and Clio Music; at Clio Sports held in May; at the Clio Key Art Awards in October; and online with Clio Health. Noting the vast, diverse and ever-changing creative landscape, Clio re-launched its content platform, clios.com, with Ads of the World, to celebrate creativity 365 days a year.
We offer competitive compensation commensurate with experience, along with a very generous benefit package that includes medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance, paid vacation/personal/sick/company holidays, 401K plus a company match, tuition reimbursement, FSA, commuter discounts and an engaging and rewarding work environment!
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.