Video and Multimedia Producer
Press Office – New York City
Video and Multimedia Producer
Reference No. PO/VMP_NYC_6055
The New York State Office of the Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is seeking a talented, full-time video and multimedia producer to work on the front lines of our communications team to help us film, edit, and create compelling multimedia packages about the office’s work on behalf of the 20 million New Yorkers we serve. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, shooting and editing videos about the AG’s work, public remarks, and initiatives on issues ranging from the office’s work defending New York against unconstitutional attacks from Washington, expanding voting rights, and curbing NY’s opioid epidemic.
Under the supervision of the Digital Director, the producer will brainstorm, create, and edit primarily short-form videos for our social media accounts, website, and for distribution to major press outlets throughout New York and across the country. The producer will attend numerous public events, joining the Attorney General’s communications team across New York, and work with senior staff representing a wide range of our office’s responsibilities. If you are interested in putting your video skills to work in pursuit of the public good, we encourage you to apply.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Creating, producing, and editing original videos for the Attorney General’s office, with hands-on work from pre-production to publication.
- Brainstorming, pitching, and implementing campaigns that highlight current initiatives by the Attorney General, along with the broader Press team.
- Devising and maintaining a calendar of upcoming opportunities along with the Digital Director.
- Overseeing and guiding video interns as recruited.
- Attending and overseeing video coverage at NYC-area press conferences and other live events in which the Attorney General is participating.
- As needed, professional set-up of audio, lighting, and other pre-production.
- Significant experience with production and filming using professional cameras, sound, and lighting equipment.
- Editing skills (proficiency in Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro is ideal).
- An understanding of social media platforms and an interest in what drives shares, views, and other engagement with online video.
- Genuine interest in Attorney General Schneiderman’s work, and in creating videos for an elected official’s office.
- People skills and a sense of humor – you will be interacting with both high-level public officials and New Yorkers.
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with still photography and familiarity with Photoshop and Illustrator preferred.
Familiarity with New York State government a plus.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The OAG is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are being received by email. To apply, please submit your complete application to email@example.com.
Applicants must be prepared to submit a complete application consisting of the following:
- Cover Letter (You may address to Sandra Jefferson Grannum, Esq., Bureau Chief, Legal Recruitment);
- List of three (3) references with contact information and email addresses; and
- List of two (2) to three links (3) to online videos that you feel best demonstrate your work.
Please note: Failure to submit a complete application will delay the consideration of your application.
If you have questions about a position with the OAG, the application process or assistance with submitting your application, please contact the Legal Recruitment Bureau via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the OAG, please visit our website: www.ag.ny.gov.