JFK Assassination: Researcher and Document Analyst (VOLUNTEER POSITION)
- Part Time
This is a volunteer position; a very modest stipend is possible on a limited basis for extraordinarily well qualified applicants.
Are there any research enthusiasts out there, driven by their conviction to solve one of America’s greatest mysteries? It has been half a century since John F. Kennedy’s chilling assassination reverberated across the globe. The secrets the government so relentlessly tried to conceal are out - in the form of a shocking document pile numbering in the thousands. Now all we need is passion, curiosity, and determination to unravel the complete, unadulterated details of an assassination that shook the country.
Come play a part in history, with an up-and-coming investigative and analytical news site that specializes in responsibly tackling many subjects the mainstream media shies away from. WhoWhatWhy does not promote a partisan angle or push predictable news. We do dig deep, think hard, read a lot of history, ask a lot of questions, steer clear of establishment or consensus journalism, and write up what we find with a verve. It’s important work.
To apply, send your resume and customized cover letter, making clear you understand what this opportunity entails, and what you would bring to it. Please include three references of supervisors or others familiar with your skills and work habits.
What You Bring
- An inquisitive mind that seeks the truth.
- A passionate, driven and detail-oriented personality.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with deadlines.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Strong communication abilities.
- Initiative to go above and beyond, and work efficiently in a remote setting.
- At least 2 months commitment to the organization.
- Ability to review 50 documents a day.
What You Do
- Analyze released JFK government documents.
- Highlight previously redacted material.
- Carefully organize documents according to topic.
- Alert appropriate supervisor when encountering articles of importance.
What You Get
- The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help solve a top-secret mystery.
- The chance to correct an American travesty.
- Superb analytical skills from documents and archives work.
- Exceptional discipline and precision, qualities that are essential on an impressive portfolio.
- Rewarding relationships with highly regarded individuals in the industry.
- A deeper understanding of deep politics and of the world.