What you’ll be doing...
Why work here?
At 140 West, you will be part of the energy that’s evolving the Verizon brand to become a leading technology player. The new Tribeca space will bring together some of the industry’s sharpest minds across a multitude of disciplines, creating an integrated team that can be responsive and innovative across every Verizon touchpoint.
The Mechanical Artist will be creating and maintaining a mechanical library for all projects and client requests, including mechanical layouts and packaging development for POS displays. This role will build mechanical files for final production and execute changes throughout multiple rounds. This includes consistently applying and enforcing brand guidelines for each project. The Mechanical Artist will also review supplied design files and proactively solve production issues Pre-flight, collect and upload print-ready files to vendors. This role will be involved in all aspects of print production design and work alongside the creative team.
- Works with Designers and other Production Artists in the in-house agency (IHA) to implement and refine content across a range of mechanical deliverables and sizes.Responsible for building and prepping mechanical files for release to production vendors/ printers.Proactively identifies potential print challenges and escalates accordingly for resolution/direction.Adheres to ever-changing deadlines while consistently delivering accurate revisions.Follows print specifications and digital requirements for constructing files and building mock-ups.Creates support materials in Power Point for marketing and sales pitches.Communicates with all stakeholders, sharing and documenting any issues or knowledge to ensure consistency of execution.Creates and updates mechanical templates with new specifications.Creates design adaptations at different aspect ratios and scales.Applies creative content using brand standards to multiple deliverables.Manages a high volume workload, including foreign language versions of creative deliverables.Creates image comps for placement for design or production presentations and direction.Ensures all files are accurate and are the final versions before archiving.Provides technical guidance based on project needs/complexity to meet production specifications and standards.Maintains and updates images, photos, videos and work products in appropriate asset management system.Adheres to brand standards.Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
What we’re looking for...
- Display expert level proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud software, specifically: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat. Adobe certification preferred.
- Sound understanding of MS Office, specifically PPT.
- Extensive prepress background.
- Clear understanding of scale and proportion relating to multiple size iterations of creative deliverables.
- Ability to create high quality CMYK or RGB images for print or multimedia.
- Understanding of dot gain, color separations, trapping, Pantone to CMYK conversions, imposition work, retouching and die-cutting practices.
- Knowledgeable on how to troubleshoot problem art files.
- Possesses good written, verbal and listening skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple quick-turn projects.
- Effectively and professionally interacts with others.
- Proactively anticipates and acts on project needs, problems and opportunities for improvement.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Graphic Design or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three years professional-level experience required in graphic design or production in an external or in-house agency.
- Portfolio required.
- Adobe Certification in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop a plus.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.