Senior Account Director – Advertising Agency NYC
Before we begin... If you're truly interested in joining our agency that's awesome! But please (we'll even say pretty, please) don't just hit a button and forward your resume. To us that's not enough. We want to see a bit of your personality, what sets you apart and makes you unique or even a little bit about what you've accomplished in life that makes you (or, at least your mom) proud. So please take the time to include a cover letter, a story, a blog post, a note from your mom... anything you feel shows us that yes, you're the right person for us.
Now here's a little bit about us...
The official spiel is "we're a full-service advertising and digital agency". But what that doesn't tell you is that we're all individuals who are really passionate about providing our clients with fresh, but always business-smart, strategies and creative ideas. To us, it's always about doing work we're proud of, and work that keeps our clients continually delighted and never wanting to consider another shop. We're extremely team oriented, with no egos (OK, maybe some) where we all work together to always deliver what's best for our clients. We work hard, always put our clients first, but also know that in the end, we're not saving babies (except at times with our work with NYC, we can say we're saving babies). We're not about working ridiculous agency hours, but instead about working smart, helping each other out and doing it right the first time.
If this sounds good to you so far, read on about the actual job we're looking to fill...
What we need is a really smart, creative and personable Senior Account Director with proven traditional and digital marketing and advertising experience who loves to work with clients to understand their challenges and help figure out great solutions. And we're looking for someone who wants a home, not a short pit stop before jumping from place to place.
Here are the qualities you should have that usually work out best:
- A good business & marketing head on your shoulders — You're energized by a business problem, like why are sales down, or why are prospects not converting on this landing page or what's wrong with a brand message, why is it not working?
- Creativity in how you write and think — Sure, we have titles that say creative or account, but we don't let those hold us back in seeking ideas. Everyone contributes to the creative process and being able to write or think about a client's message & visuals goes a long way here.
- Detail oriented, project management and multi-tasking abilities — Yes, we need you to not make mistakes and yes, clients ask for 8 things at once, so being able to keep a lot of balls in the air and stay flexible (always with a cheery, or pretending to have, disposition!) is key.
- A great personality and a client-first mentality — Kind of a deal buster. If you can't get clients to love working with you and you're not willing to do whatever it takes to keep them happy, we'll tell you now, it's been nice, but it's not going to work.
- Oh yeah, and some experience would be helpful. If you've helped clients launch ad campaigns across different types of traditional and digital media, developed marketing plans, defined marketing strategies or creative directions, project managed campaign implementations, those are all the things we need you to have experience in doing.
Ok. Still interested? We hope so! Here's how to tell us how awesome you are: Step 1, go back and read our introduction (or to summarize, it says please don't just forward us your resume...we guarantee it won't lead to anything). Spend a few minutes telling us about yourself and what you bring to the table. If you can write about and market yourself well — which is really hard — it tells us you've got what it takes to be able to help our clients market themselves. So see, there is some logic to why we're asking you to do some extra work. Oh, and one last thing, if you can give us an idea of your salary requirements we'd really appreciate it.
That's it! We look forward to hearing from you!
You can apply below or you can mail or drop off at:
Bandujo Advertising + Design
Attention: Amanda Kane
22 W. 21st Street, 8th Floor
New York, NY 10010