Senior Web Designer
Want to play a lead role in building out one of the largest special occasion retailers in the country? Are you a design junkie with a strong design aesthetic? Are premier customer experiences important to you? Do you take pride in your ability to tell compelling stories online? Do you want to have a direct impact on some of the most important events a person will experience? If you answered yes to these questions, read on.
THE COMPANY: Occasion Brands is a well-capitalized, highly profitable e-commerce company offering the largest selection of special occasion dresses online at Promgirl.com and SimplyDresses.com. Our mission is to create trust with customers at an early age and support them during some of the most important moments of their lives. We are changing the process of buying special occasion formalwear into one that is fun, easy and that brings happiness and joy to the doorstep of every customer. The “bringing happiness and joy” thing is what makes us tick - it drives us to lead, inspires us to innovate and keeps us coming back to the office every day.
YOU: An enthusiastic and versatile design guru ready to bring joy and happiness to customers across the country and around the world. Collaborative by nature. Possessing a sense of humor. You are a design junkie and love to tell stories through digital content. Passionate about customer experience and its importance to a company's success. You take occasional crazy in stride because, after all, you're helping to bring happiness and joy to customers during some of the most important moments of their lives.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ROLE: We need someone who has the ability to translate a vision. Who can see the big picture and communicate well with wide range of disciplines. Someone whose primary skill set is developing all-encompassing digital content that fits into a broader strategy that promotes the continued growth of our company and continuously deliver the best consumer experience possible.
Reporting to the Brand Creative Director, the Senior Graphic Design will be responsible for the following:
- Designing on-brand, engaging shoppable content and assets for our retail websites, related email marketing programs and accompanying social media assets
- Work with various departments across the organization to produce a wide range of innovative, user-centric solutions for optimal user experience
- Conceptualize, design and organize the creation of a myriad of projects from identity systems, print ads, packaging and in-store signage
The role is based in NYC (Times Square).
Specific qualifications we are looking for include:
- Bachelor’s degree, in Graphic / Web Design, Art Direction.
- 3+ years of experience working as a Designer (preferably w/ a fashion eCommerce company)
- A Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator GURU
- Expert in all the Adobe CC design tools (including competence in AfterEffects)
- Up to speed, excited about and a participant in social media, especially Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and blogging
- A sharp, creative eye for photography and design layout and composition
- Naturally organized with keen attention paid to details
- SUPREME communication and organizational skills
- Be a team player and ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, proactive, and be ideas driven
- Fashion and/or eCommerce is something that excites you
What we offer:
- A competitive salary with annual bonus potential
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance with low contributions from employees
- Employee discounts
- Free snacks and coffee (occasional company lunches too, cuz why not?!)
- A culture that is family oriented, fun and a little out there (annual spirit week? CHECK. Flashpoll Friday CHECK.)
BY THE WAY...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.