Public Relations Manager
4 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Public Relations Manager
Department: Global Press Journal
Location: Washington D.C.
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Director
Compensation: DOE, matching 401k, health/vision/dental
Start date: January 2, 2018
Please submit resume and well-written cover letter by November 15.
Why You Want This Job:
Global Press has an 11-year track record of producing exceptional journalism from the least-covered parts of the globe.
Global Press aims to create systemic change in the field of international journalism by revolutionizing the business model by creating multiple ethical, sustainable revenue streams, revitalizing core editorial processes to ensure accuracy and accountability and repairing the lack of gender and racial diversity that have plagued newsrooms since inception. We offer an employee-centered workplace that prioritizes employee wellness in a diverse, challenging, creative, humor-filled environment.
We are looking for an energetic, hard-working public relations manager to bolster brand awareness and build influencer audiences.
On a Typical Day at Global Press You Will:
- Create hyper-specific global outreach campaigns to highlight the day’s feature stories and ensure they reach key stakeholders and policymakers around the world.
- Create content for all GP social media channels and utilize social media to drive traffic and boost awareness for Global Press stories.
- Assist the Business Development team in creating, implementing and promoting event strategies.
- Seek out earned media opportunities.
- Coordinate speaking opportunities for staff to discuss and debate the issues covered by Global Press journalists around the world.
- Create lists and databases of influencer audiences by topic and region.
- Assist in research and implementation of D.C.-based partnership opportunities
- Develop, write and maintain website content
- Support and develop high-value marketing materials
- Create high-impact Google AdWords campaigns to boost interest and awareness in Global Press reportage
- Identify opportunities for brand awareness by keeping on top of trends in journalism, technology and international development.
- Ability to develop and edit high-quality written materials, including press releases, marketing materials, award submissions, talking points, fact sheets
The successful candidate will have 2+ years of public relations experience in Washington D.C. He/she must have exceptional organizational skills and written/oral communication skills and a proven ability to create high-impact relationships while working within a dynamic, multicultural team is a must.
Global Press is a diverse and thriving international media organization that seeks out team members who:
• Are equally committed to journalistic tradition and journalistic innovation
• Employ discipline, generosity and humor in their daily work
• Believe in the power of high-quality information and human stories to change our world
• Thrive in a collaborative environment where team members can be honest with one another and aim to be better today than they were yesterday
About Global Press:
Global Press exists to create a more just and informed world by employing local journalists to produce ethical, accurate news coverage from the world’s least-covered places.
Rejecting the mainstream model of foreign correspondence, which deploys elite outsiders on short-term assignments, Global Press trains and employs a diverse population of journalists in the developing media markets where they live to produce context-rich, nuanced news coverage that provides local and global audiences with high-quality, professional news that elevates awareness and creates actionable opportunities for citizens.
Comprised of three brands that form a holistic social enterprise, Global Press is an international media company dedicated to reinventing both the craft and business of global journalism. Global Press operates a training program, Global Press Institute, an award-winning news publication, Global Press Journal, and an innovative syndication division, Global Press News Service.
Global Press aims to produce news from more than 100 countries, becoming the world’s leading news source from the developing world.
Apply for Public Relations Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly