Creative Team Lead, Educational Media
As part of the in-house media production team (Digital Media Group), the Creative Team Lead,
Educational Media is responsible for determining the most effective and engaging approaches to and
uses of digital media content for a diverse range of online courses and programs at Brown University's School of Professional Studies (SPS). This involves working in close partnership with the SPS online instructional
design team and faculty, providing creative direction and digital media expertise, developing creative
concepts and scripts that enhance learning objectives, and maintaining the high quality standards for
media produced by the Digital Media Group.
This individual will also design, script, produce, and edit digital media assets, including but not limited to:
videos, audio recordings, images, diagrams/visualizations, animations, simulations for use in, or to
promote, online and blended learning programs.
This individual works in partnership with the SPS online leadership team and Manager of the Digital
Media Group to develop and implement long and short-term strategic plans and workflows to ensure
efficient production of digital media content.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provides creative direction and digital media expertise in developing effective and engaging online courses and programs in close collaboration with SPS instructional design team, faculty, and program leadership (60% of this position)
- Produces high quality, effective, and engaging media assets for courses and programs at the School of Professional Studies (30% of this position)
- Works in partnership with SPS online leadership team and Manager of the Digital Media Group to develop and implement long and short-term strategic plans and workflows to ensure efficient production of digital media content (10% of this position)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience
- 3-5 years experience in videography, video/audio editing and delivery
- 3-5 years experience in digital media content production
- Strong ability using:
- Video editing software (e.g. Premiere Pro)
- Motion graphics and animation software (e.g. After Effects)
- Graphic design software (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Media conversion tools
- Fluency in current video and web technology
- Strong ability and proven experience in effective collaboration and communication with others at all levels of the production process (production team members, clients, vendors, administration)
- Ability to ‘storyboard’ to plan out a project and to help others to visualize the end result
- Ability to take complex subjects and explain them clearly to different audiences
- Positive and professional attitude
- 3-5 years experience in graphic design
- Strong experience and understanding of instructional design and online education best practices
- Familiarity with different platforms and operating systems
- Working knowledge of web development, tools, best practices
- Highly organized with strong media asset management skills
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues efficiently
- Interest in learning new skills
- Interest in and ability to collaborate well with others
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- The person in this position likes working collaboratively as part of a team, and possesses a thirst to
learn about technology, digital media and student learning, and enjoys sharing what they learn with
- The person in this position needs to be capable of taking on projects autonomously. This individual will
need to be flexible and ready to accept different job assignments depending on the group's highest
To View More Details and To Apply, please use this link to the position on Brown’s Career Site:
Applicants are required to use the Brown Career Site to apply for the position and to submit their resume, cover letter and any related documents. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application. Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a web link to their web reel and/or samples of their work. Please either include a web link in the body of a cover letter or as an additional application attachment.
Please check the status of your application through the account you create when you apply.
All offers of employment are contingent upon consent to a criminal background check and education verification with results satisfactory to Brown.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
About Brown (Please visit our website and get to know us better at: www.brown.edu)
Brown is an Ivy League University located in Providence, Rhode Island, comprised of undergraduate and graduate programs, plus the Alpert Medical School, School of Public Health, School of Engineering, Executive Master of Healthcare Leadership and the IE Brown Executive MBA. With its talented and motivated student body and accomplished faculty, Brown is a leading research university that maintains a particular commitment to exceptional graduate and undergraduate instruction. We have a dynamic campus community with many exciting events, such as visits from world leaders, sporting events, theatre, music, and dance. Brown offers competitive benefits such as a generous retirement plan and education programs; details are available at: http://www.brown.edu/about/administration/human-resources/
Brown is being recognized by the Alliance for Work-Life Progress for success in work-life programs, policies and practices. To earn the Seal of Distinction, Brown had to meet criteria and be assessed in each of the seven categories listed for work-life effectiveness that defines a best-in-class work-life portfolio in today's workplace.