Leading website for K-12 teachers is seeking a digital copyeditor to join our creative team. Quick pace and heavy deadlines—but great rewards too like working from your home office, collaborating with an inspiring team across three time zones and above all, knowing that you are making a difference for teachers and kids.
The digital copyeditor will work with other members of the WeAreTeachers creative team to ensure that all content is accurate and of the highest editorial standards.
The ideal candidate has a strong connection to education and is a copyediting whiz with a great instinct for what works in organic search and on social media.
- Edit a large volume of articles—checking for accuracy, proper grammar, style, and brand-specific tone—on tight deadlines.
- Edit scheduled social media posts across channels.
- Revamp & manage style guide.
- Stage and format articles, images, and video.
- Work collaboratively with an amazing team of talented editors, writers, and designers.
- A minimum of 2–3 years of editorial, reporting, and/or copyediting experience.
- Superior grammar skills and good news judgment.
- Experience working on a website with high daily content output.
- WordPress expertise.
- An ability to communicate our brand voice and mission.