Agency Account Manager
Digiday Media is currently hiring an account manager to join Custom, Digiday Media’s in-house content agency, to spearhead client communication, build client relationships and work creatively with our creative and business teams to uncover the next great project for our clients.
Who we are: An ambitious crew bent on moving beyond the usual “decision-maker” cliches of B2B content marketing and advertising. Currently, our production staff is creating great content, as well as doing client management. This is why we’re looking for someone with account management and services skills to join the team to help us grow.
Who you are: A natural-born people person who harnesses their charisma to bring the most out of our clients and producers, helping pave the way for great creative work, and bring together multiple teams to get things done. You’re a humble, can-do individual who can find the middle ground between what a client wants and what our team can create--and by when.
As account manager, your first and foremost responsibility is to manage communication with our clients. You’ll have a head for details, appreciation for deadlines, and fine-tuned diplomatic chops: It’s a critical role to ensure a client’s expectations are managed properly, while working closely with the creative team to deliver great programs. Last, but far from least, you’ll work with our creative and Digiday Media sales teams to nurture relationships with existing clients and expand business.
Sign on at this transformative moment for our business and you’ll be rewarded with the satisfaction of making an instantaneous impact, creating account management procedures and generally improving the quality of life for our clients and our team of producers.
What You'll Do:
- Develop robust relationships with new and existing Custom clients.
- Manage client communications around multiple accounts and projects.
- Set client expectations via a thorough and friendly client onboarding process for all Custom projects.
- Coordinate client requests and enhancements with all internal business units.
- Analyze client success via KPIs and other metrics; produce reports and presentations that frame that success to our clients.
- Provide insight to digital media and marketing industry trends as they relate to the client engagement.
- Conduct monthly business review and satisfaction meetings with clients to ensure proper forecast of new business, staffing requirements, and overall client satisfaction.
- Participate in post-sales activities, including contract review, contracted deliverables management, and implementation of new upgraded marketing programs with select clients.
- Participate in negotiation of client agreements (as needed) and addendums with client contracts (as needed) with the assistance and sign-off from Executive Management.
- Work with the creative teams and the distributed sales team to develop new business opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Participate in RFP response processes when needed.
What you’ll need:
- You have 3-4 years experience in an account management role at a publisher or small- to mid-sized agency.
- You have a head for details and a proven track record of successful project and client management.
- You have a positive, can-do attitude and the burning desire to be part of a budding team that wants to do great things.
- You can manage a variety of projects simultaneously, and you work well in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re good at Google (Google Docs, Google Calendar, Google Hangout, etc.), and you’re familiar with project management software.
- You have great written and verbal communication skills.
- Sense of humor a must.