Are you an experienced social media expert wanting to do more?
Have ideas for how to reach a larger audience with Brave New Films content?
We have the job for you! Join Brave New Films as our Distribution Coordinator.
You’ll be responsible for coming up with ideas and plans for social media around issues Brave New Films is working on. This role also coordinates and maximizes all the distribution elements for our distribution channels: social media, Brave New Educators, Faith Groups, and Screenings and more.
BNF is a non-profit 501(c)3 and 501(c)4 organization founded in 2005 that creates stimulating content on social justice issues including immigration reform, criminal justice, and racial equity. All of our content is distributed through a variety of platforms. We have a small staff of 23 people who work hand-in-hand to tell the stories of people and communities with a goal of educating others and making a change for the better. The issues we take on are challenging and the passion of our creative and tireless staff makes our work effective.
To be a successful member of our team you must have:
- have at least 2+ years of experience working in social justice where you have coordinated projects and team members
- have a passion for social justice issues and know the organizations that work on those issues
- be an excellent problem solver
- thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities and aggressive project timelines
- Understand media/video content creation workflow from production to QC and delivery, emphasis on delivery
We offer full benefits including healthcare with fully paid premiums, hiatus, vacation, sick pay, family/maternity/paternity leave all housed in a re-purposed old motel with hummingbirds in the courtyard in always sunny downtown Culver City, CA.
The Distribution Coordinator will work alongside the Supervising Producer and report directly to the President of the company. They will be responsible for all content launches including interaction with team members and outside partner groups. Communication between peers and partners is a key aspect of this position with a major focus on timing, tracking and prioritizing projects. This person will be the connective tissue between outreach, education, and social media, so they must be organized.
- Schedule and assign responsibilities for project launch calendar
- Effective communication with peers and outside partners
- Create brief summary of project for social media and website posting
- Backend knowledge of digital distribution platforms i.e. Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Vimeo
- Copyedit blogs and emails
- Candidates should be responsible, dependable, organized, deadline-oriented and creative
- Must have the ability to initiate and execute project coordination
- Should be able to manage own time, establish schedules and meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical, organizational and written/verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, capable of multi-tasking, and be self-directed with proven ability to prioritize tasks
- Must be resourceful, adaptable, and be able to work in a fast-paced, quick-turnaround environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Fluency in Spanish (written and verbal) is an asset though not a necessity
- Thrives in a collaborative space
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested in working with us and have the passion to make a difference on these issues please send us your resume and a letter telling us the following:
- Who you are
- What you care about
- Tell us about where you get your political information
- Tell us what issues you care about the most
- Your previous work experience, providing specific examples of the good, the bad, the ugly (no need to mention names)
- List 5 political groups today that you think are doing most impactful work and why.
Please send your completed application to: email@example.com
BNF is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion into our workplace where such values are at the forefront of our daily work and interactions. We value and seek diverse team members who are passionate, innovative, and supportive of these values.
BNF provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.