Senior Associate Director, Media Relations
The Senior Associate Director, Media Relations
1. Serve as a spokesperson on behalf of the Association's members. Respond to numerous inquiries from the media in an accurate and timely manner, exercising good independent judgment and discretion at all times.
2. Take initiative to propose, write and edit clear, concise, and effective communications via statements, releases, talking points, letters and other appropriate vehicles to advance AHA's advocacy efforts.
3. Think strategically to develop communications to proactively tell the hospital story to different external audiences including media, influencers and consumers.
4. Plan and implement strategies for communicating AHA's legislative and regulatory priorities.
5. Prepare AHA senior staff, board members, and members for media interviews.
6. Build and maintain relationships with national, regional and state reporters. Work with state association public relations executives to support major media issues and initiatives.
7. Manage projects and issue areas with independence.