Digital Marketing Manager
Digital Marketing Manager – Consumer Acquisition/Mobile
The Digital Marketing Manager/Mobile will be an integral part of driving Gannett’s consumer revenue growth across 109 regional media publication brands and the national media brand USA TODAY, with responsibility for the strategy development and implementation of digital marketing programs and new technologies to drive audience growth, lead generation, registration, subscriber acquisition and App downloads.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in managing both mobile and digital campaigns overseeing audience development, subscriber acquisition and/or ecommerce, with experience in media planning and social media. S/he will possess strengths in relationship management, innovative thinking, planning, organization and execution. S/he must have a strong sense of urgency and an ability to manage multiple projects at once. The Manager will be a dynamic individual, technically proficient, and have a passion for keeping up with evolving digital trends and technologies. Specifically, s/he will be a leader in mobile acquisition, social and paid search. This position is based in McLean, VA and reports into the VP, Digital Audience Acquisition.
- Plan and execute acquisition marketing campaigns to drive subscriber growth across direct
to consumer performance-based online marketing channels with a primary
focus on creating, managing, and optimizing mobile marketing campaigns.
- Develop marketing calendar and go-to market strategies to grow mobile sales.
- Execute plans to optimize response rates and media budget by actively testing different
variables including offer, copy/messaging, targeting and segmentation, and
- Deliver ongoing product marketing analysis, making recommendations to continually refine marketing strategies around user acquisition, engagement, and retention for mobile
- Work closely with Product, News, Brand and Analytics teams to improve user experience and
brand consistency for mobile.
- Effectively manage ad agencies and partners to help maximize ROI on marketing campaigns.
- Analyze and report on campaign results, conversion rates and other KPIs.
- Utilize data as a key means for developing new marketing strategies and implementing new
- Be at the forefront in understanding new trends for mobile and explore new marketing opportunities.
- Regularly provide key stakeholders with campaign plans and findings.
- Manage relationships with media, creative agencies and technology vendors.
- 5+ experience managing mobile acquisition campaigns and direct-to-consumer marketing of an online subscription service or product while driving paid Experience using market research and data from Google Analytics, Omniture, Localytics and other mobile and/or social media
analytics to inform media strategy.
- Demonstrated success in building strong relationships and managing vendors and agencies.
- Innovative thinker with a passion for keeping on top of evolving trends and technologies in digital media.
- Extensive experience in executing performance-based campaigns especially for mobile, as well as other digital channels.
- Demonstrated focus on end-to-end customer experience to facilitate subscription acquisition and enhance retention.
- Proven, successful track record of increasing acquisition, nurturing, and conversions while managing against aggressive CPL, CPD and CPA, and revenue goals.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, self-start, contribute under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Highly organized, creative and critical thinker. Self-motivated and results oriented with a high regard for details.
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills, with the ability to take initiative and work to effectively address