Social Media Coordinator
The American Booksellers Association seeks an outgoing, creative thinker who loves books and bookstores to become ABA's new part-time social media coordinator. The social media coordinator will develop and implement ABA's social media plan, and track and report on growth and analytics. This role represents an opportunity to support independent bookstores. Position is for 20 hours per week; there will be travel to a minimum of one ABA event.
Responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Execute ABA's social media strategy to benefit the profession of independent bookselling
- Manage all social media accounts, consistently posting on ABA's behalf
- Curate and adapt content that resonates with members, their customers and consumers
- Build a social media calendar around ABA's editorial, program, and marketing initiatives
- Track metrics and analyze social media activity
- Amplify member-generated content and successes
- Document ABA's live events in social archives
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 1-year experience in marketing, public relations, advertising and/or bookselling
- Solid understanding of the social media universe
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills and detail-orientation
- Ability to meet deadlines, and work independently as well as collaboratively
- Strong computer skills with a special emphasis on Excel, as well as Word, PowerPoint, and Google Docs
White Plains, NY. Shuttle service is provided from the White Plains MetroNorth train station. Partial remote work may be acceptable, depending on applicant.
Founded in 1900, the American Booksellers Association is a national not-for-profit trade organization that works to help independently owned bookstores grow and succeed. ABA’s core members are key participants in their communities' local economy and culture, and to assist them ABA creates relevant programs; provides education, information, business products, and services; and engages in public policy and industry advocacy. The Association actively supports and defends free speech and the First Amendment rights of all Americans.
How to Apply:
Submit resume and cover letter, addressed to Meg Smith, Membership and Marketing Officer. No calls, please.
The American Booksellers Association is committed to fostering a diverse staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, or disability status. For more information about ABA, visit BookWeb.org.
Apply for Social Media Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly