Senior Producer, Daily News Show
Program:Community Media, BRIC TV
Supervisor:Executive Producer, 112BK
Exempt/Non Exempt: Exempt
BRIC is the leading presenter of free cultural programming in Brooklyn, and one of the largest in New York City. We present and incubate work by artists and media-makers who reflect the diversity that surrounds us. Some of BRIC’s most acclaimed programs include the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival in Prospect Park; path-breaking media initiatives, including the newly-renamed BRIC TV; and a renowned contemporary art exhibition series. BRIC also offers education and other vital programs at our main venue, BRIC Arts | Media House, and throughout Brooklyn. BRIC programs reach hundreds of thousands of people each year.
BRIC TV is Brooklyn’s own non-profit cable channel and digital network. From its state-of-the-art, glass-walled studio at BRIC House in Downtown Brooklyn, BRIC TV delivers a bold lineup of documentary series, hyper-local news, politics, music, comedy, scripted series and more. We are community television with an edge; a megaphone for the under-represented; and a patron of the independent arts. BRIC TV is Brooklyn without boundaries…
Purpose of Position:
The Senior Producer works as part of a team, overseeing production of BRIC TV and BRIC Radio content about and for Brooklyn.
- Help develop the overall shape and editorial content of a new daily news program, including ideas for segments and series
- Independently oversee all aspects of planning and production for live segments (for both cable and podcast), as well as video packages
- Oversee research, booking, scheduling, and managing on-air talent
- Oversee live-to-tape in-house studio shoots:
- Manage preparation of scripts, photos, b-roll and power point presentations
- Serve as show producer and manage control room staff during live recordings
- Oversee field shoots
- Participate in team meetings to collaborate on content planning and strategy
- Perform or closely oversee editing and oversee final production; exercise quality and artistic control to ensure top quality output
- Assist in packaging and distribution of digital content
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 7 years experience in TV and documentary production
- Experience with studio production
- Strong familiarity with Brooklyn issues and politics
- Facility with premier and other aspects of post production
- Ability to write succinct, conversational copy
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
Salary and Schedule
Full-time 40 hours/week, some night and weekend work is required. Strong benefits package. Salary range is $50,000 - $60,000 depending on experience.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Senior Producer, Daily News Show. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for Senior Producer, Daily News Show
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly