Senior Producer, Daily News Show
Program:Community Media, BRIC TV
Supervisor:Executive Producer, 112BK
Exempt/Non Exempt: Exempt
BRIC is the leading presenter of free cultural programming in Brooklyn, and one of the largest in New York City. We present and incubate work by artists and media-makers who reflect the diversity that surrounds us. Some of BRIC’s most acclaimed programs include the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival in Prospect Park; path-breaking media initiatives, including the newly-renamed BRIC TV; and a renowned contemporary art exhibition series. BRIC also offers education and other vital programs at our main venue, BRIC Arts | Media House, and throughout Brooklyn. BRIC programs reach hundreds of thousands of people each year.
BRIC TV is Brooklyn’s own non-profit cable channel and digital network. From its state-of-the-art, glass-walled studio at BRIC House in Downtown Brooklyn, BRIC TV delivers a bold lineup of documentary series, hyper-local news, politics, music, comedy, scripted series and more. We are community television with an edge; a megaphone for the under-represented; and a patron of the independent arts. BRIC TV is Brooklyn without boundaries…
Purpose of Position:
The Senior Producer works as part of a team, overseeing production of BRIC TV and BRIC Radio content about and for Brooklyn.
- Help develop the overall shape and editorial content of a new daily news program, including ideas for segments and series
- Independently oversee all aspects of planning and production for live segments (for both cable and podcast), as well as video packages
- Oversee research, booking, scheduling, and managing on-air talent
- Oversee live-to-tape in-house studio shoots:
- Manage preparation of scripts, photos, b-roll and power point presentations
- Serve as show producer and manage control room staff during live recordings
- Oversee field shoots
- Participate in team meetings to collaborate on content planning and strategy
- Perform or closely oversee editing and oversee final production; exercise quality and artistic control to ensure top quality output
- Assist in packaging and distribution of digital content
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 7 years experience in TV and documentary production
- Experience with studio production
- Strong familiarity with Brooklyn issues and politics
- Facility with premier and other aspects of post production
- Ability to write succinct, conversational copy
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
Salary and Schedule
Full-time 40 hours/week, some night and weekend work is required. Strong benefits package. Salary range is $50,000 - $60,000 depending on experience.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Senior Producer, Daily News Show. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer.