Art Director 2
Qualifications & Responsibilities
Epsilon Title: Art Director with strong interactive design skill set
Competencies: Strong conceptual abilities, attention to detail and sense of humor
Life is short. Work somewhere awesome.
We pride ourselves on nurturing a welcoming culture, a no drama policy, and clients that we can be proud of. We encourage you to flex your creative muscles, stay positive, and consistently push yourself to do more, be more and bring more. Oh, and work-life balance is important to us as well.
Here, you’ll build your book, collaborate with smart people, chow down on free lunches every hump day and work them off in our free gym. Let’s not forget about work from home Fridays. And last but not least, enjoy an extremely competitive best-in-class benefits package.
We value the relationships we have with our clients, as well as the ones we have with each other - working hard is in our DNA. If you’re composed under pressure, not afraid to succeed and cherish a work-life balance, this may be the job for you!
- Works across agency teams (accounts, pm, strategy, development) to produce top-notch, cross-disciplinary interactive work
- Collaborates with project teams and UX team to plan, analyze, organize and execute assigned projects
- Stewards the look, tone and feel of client brand
- Creates a wide range of ideas/designs to ensure the creative execution supports the brand strategy, under the direction of CD or ACD
- Develops and designs the aesthetics, visual design and layouts of digital and print projects
- Creates a range of ideas and designs to ensure the art direction and visual presentation supports the concepts
- Partners with copywriters to develop ideas that are on-brief and on-strategy
- Prepares materials from client presentation through studio hand off
- Contributes on concept/pitch work to open new business and grow existing relationships
- Identifies opportunities to innovate and grow with client based on client needs and pain points
Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a related field. Leadership experience required
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Brilliant aesthetic and a passion for all things design
- Hands-on understanding of fundamental principles of digital marketing
- Knowledge of industry relevant multimedia software/programs: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, etc
- Clear focus on speed, efficiency and quality of execution
- Strong comprehension and execution in User Experience around a multitude of interactive channels
- Understanding of Information Architecture and Systems
- Contributes to the creation of the brand style and brand voice guide and quality of the creative materials from client presentation through final production.
- Illustration/sketch skills preferred
- Great in a crowd (i.e. strong presentation skills, great personality, quick-thinking)
- Presents to clients and/or internal groups as needed to sell and defend work
- Passion for new technology, mobile trends & tech innovation
- Functional understanding of technology, programming languages and developmental requirements
- Upholds agency’s creative standards while continually seeking new ideas and services
- Good sense of aesthetic when selecting stock photography and illustrated art
- Works with pre-media on color correction and photo retouching
- Provides direction to photographers and stylists on photo and video shoots
- Be able to design and suggest specs within established budgets in both digital and print environments
- Refined skills of typography, practicing knowledge of information design.
- Manages multiple projects and/or mentor less experienced peers
- Maintains file-management, using consistent naming conventions and procedures