Group Nine Social Studios is a newly created team that will serve as an external studio to amplify and support the work that Discovery Digital's team is creating across their brands. Group Nine and Discovery Digital have already successfully partnered on many projects and we're taking it a step further. This team will be developing and producing completely original series as well producing new digital series extending Discovery's existing mega-franchises. These series will be uniquely developed to thrive on Facebook Watch, Snapchat or the GO platform -- we'll be bringing innovative video series to the newest platforms.
To further arm the teams when needed, Group Nine has fully staffed production studios in New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco.
- Will be the lead Producer for content on selected social platform
- Manage a small team including Associate Editor, Shooter/Editor, Production Assistant, and talent when necessary
- Act as the main point of contact with Discovery Team Leader and Production Manager for managing day-to-day details of production planning and logistics including:
- Working with the production companies on budgeting, calendar, crew, logistics, insurance, etc.
- Liaise with Discovery, studio team and sometimes a selected production company to provide integration ideas and supervise integration execution on set
- Direct studio shoots and post-productionCoordinate production schedules, talent and resources
- Understand budget and manage costs for all content created
- Problem solve show issues with Discovery Team Leader and Production Manager
- Attend shoots that may require travel, and work with finance to solve budget issues
- Facilitating necessary approvals, materials, and information across various departments
- Managing and communicating the flow of information, materials, dates, schedules etc. to Discovery Team Leader and Production Manager
- Manage vendor relationships and work product
- Source, license, and track 3rd party asset usage and music reporting
- Minimum 5 years of experience producing for a digital publisher or network
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong knowledge of social platforms, primarily Facebook and Snapchat
- Experience working with lifestyle brands/content a plus
- Very strong research and writing skills
- Must be creative and proactive
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere preferred but not required
- Familiar with camera, studio operations and digital production workflow
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine is a digital first creative force ranking as the 7th largest digital publisher in the world, but size is not what drives us. We’re driven by telling stories that engage our audiences, that get them talking. So far, so good. We rank as the #1 most engaged digital publisher globally according to Tubular. Our brands know how to tell the stories that resonate with today’s audiences. Our approach is to customize our storytelling to each platform we distribute. That process begins with the right team focused on the right platform. The same holds true for long form programming.