Director, Strategic Partnerships & Business Development
What you’ll be doing...
The Director of Strategic Partnerships & Business Development will be in charge of developing enterprise wide partnerships inclusive of, but not limited to; media, platforms, sports, music, entertainment, financial services and retail. This role will be responsible for proactively identifying and evaluating key strategic partners that deliver long-term profitable growth across the Verizon businesses.
The Strategic PartnershipsTeam plays a critical role in planning and development by aligning Verizon's strategy with partners that can help to createpositive customer experiences while increasing revenue.
The Director reports to the Chief Media Officer and will be the main point of contact for all key internal and external partners. The Director is also required to workclosely across internal teams including: centralized media functions, creative teams, business unit marketing, the network team, local market teams, Internet sales operations, finance, new product teams and external agencies.
Key lead for the following:
- Business development of end to end strategic partnership programs
- Develop strategic recommendations through rigorous analysis, focus on the competition, evaluation of the marketplace, customer experience insight, deep partnership with the business and expert synthesis to drive the customer experience forward and partner with senior leaders to drive action and achieve revenue and business goals
- Partnership with BUs (VZW,VCM, Telematics, Media Co, etc..)on strategic initiatives, offers, engagements opportunities
- Accountable for driving partnership value and one consistent Verizon voice
- Incorporateall relevant line of business touch points
- Developand implements high-level measurement (not inactive specific) across all partnerships
- Actively manage a pipeline of new opportunities, develop a horizon roadmap with projected revenue of $5B+
- Work cross-functionally with teams to develop and evolve ideas to bring together brand goals, retailer objectives and consumer needs.
- Evaluate existing partner relationship/ structure to identify unmet needs, goals and opportunities and challenges.
- Forecast strategic project ROI and ensure initiatives are aligned with Verizon's top business objectives.
- Transformative growth requires the need to think bigger and broader.
- Identify horizon opportunities that will drive positive customer outcomes, digital contribution and shareholder value
- Bring horizon opportunities to life with the end goal to deliver customer value and generate new revenue streams
- Leveraging partnerships to drive demand for wireless, CMB and PNB
- Tracking commitments with key partners
- Quarterly Business Reviews with Key Partners
What we’re looking for...
- BS Degree in Marketing (MBA Preferred)
- 10+ years in sales, marketing, product management experience in business development
- Experienced conducting high-exposure partnership deals and applications
- Strong data product management background
- Proven results in last 5 product launches
- Strong team leadership experience
- High technical aptitude
- Strong financial acumen
- High energy person capable of managing multiple highly visibly complex technical projects
- Capable of balancing tactical issues and strategic initiatives
- Ability to leverage consumer insights to create actionable experiential activations
- Well versed in working with both internal and external partners/teams
- Exceptional negotiation skills
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.