Marketing Manager - Segmentation
What you’ll be doing...The role is responsible for segment marketing requirements for B2B in Verizon Wireless. The individual will assess & work to create marketing programs to enable products & services in their specific segment and work with product marketing managers to ensure their respective segment is accounted for during product life cycle management. The role will work with Market leads to implement and understand cross lines of business strategies & products for their respective segment. This position will work with Strategy, Product Marketing, Business Intelligence and the Field teams to create segment specific content. The position will develop and gather feedback from the field to streamline the distribution strategy for segment penetration. The responsibilities described below will be applicable to4 Marketing Manager positions supporting all business segments in Verizon Wireless.
- Developing and leading segment, solution and product specific marketing plans in support of the go-to-market strategy.Managing all marketing, advertising and promotional activities.Conducting market research and providing recommendations to determine market requirements for existing and future products; prepare customer research, including current market conditions and competitor information.Implementing marketing plans and projects for new and existing services.Monitoring, reviewing and reporting out on all marketing activity and results and upcoming projects.Critical analysis of buying behaviors and lifecycle demands of each of the supported business and/or government segments. Understand trends which provides input into what types of offers to create as well as where to execute.Build, manage, and own an integrated marketing program for the channels supporting sales. Ensure marketing plans are developed addressing key customer segments within the larger business customer segment.
Develop & maintain market segment business plans. Direct market research projects to gather customer insights to identify customer needs. Evaluate segment and industry trends, competitive analysis. Analyze market segment KPIs (subscribers, revenue, and penetration) and make recommendations for improvement.
What we’re looking for...Experience defining business benefits to technology solutions
- Experience leading market segment strategy and execution
- Understand broad technologies used by our business customers
- Familiarity with Verizon and competitors’ product portfolios
- Understand buying behaviors and technology trends to address business segment requirements
- Broad technology background
- Segment marketing experience in developing go-to-market strategies
- Customer centric marketing experience in delivering complex solutions in a simplified manner
- extensive telecom knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Market Research, or six or more years of work experience.Six or more years of relevant work experience. Experience working with marketing research, research strategy, or consumer research methodologies.
- Master’s degree – more impressive if you have an MBA. Digital experience and an understanding of trends and key business drivers.Presented findings and insights targeted to what that audience cares about (up to the executive level).Analyzed what’s important from a variety of sources to provide a holistic view of the marketplace, competitive factors, risks, and opportunities.Juggled multiple priorities to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.Designed custom research approaches to gain broader or deeper consumer and market insights.Translated market knowledge and strategy into compelling stories and tools for the sales team.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.