Digital Marketing Coordinator
DIGITAL MARKETING COORDINATOR
We are World Animal Protection.
We end the needless suffering of animals.
We influence decision makers to put animals on the global agenda.
We help the world see how important animals are to all of us.
We inspire people to change animals’ lives for the better.
We move the world to protect animals.
World Animal Protection is a truly global organisation, working in over 50 countries across the world, with offices in every continent. Our vision is a world where animals live free from suffering. We protect animals because we believe a sustainable future for the planet can only be achieved if both animals and people are part of the solution.
Job Title: Digital Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Digital Marketing Manager, US
Budget holder: No
Location: New York
*Technical/Professional Accountability to: Global Director of Marketing and Communications
Main purpose of the role
World Animal Protection, one of the world’s largest international animal welfare organizations, has an exciting opportunity for an energetic, self-starter to join our team as a Digital Marketing Coordinator. We have an ambitious strategy to move the world to protect animals and are seeking talented and passionate individuals to join our team and help us reach this goal. Working across 14 international offices, we are developing programs and launching campaigns that will improve the lives of millions of animals worldwide. Under the direction of the U.S. Digital Marketing Manager, the Digital Marketing Coordinator will play a key role in supporting all the organization’s digital marketing and communications plans for World Animal Protection in the U.S., with fundraising as a priority. The Coordinator will have the opportunity to manage work across all digital channels including social media, email marketing, website content management, SEO/SEM, display, mobile, creative and video materials development, digital fundraising support and digital reporting. S/he will have excellent writing and creative skills that will enhance the efforts of a growing, enthusiastic team of professionals.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work across departments to develop digital marketing and communications content, raising awareness of our campaigns and mobilizing our online community to become donors and supporters
- Manage, plan and implement social media strategy for the U.S. office across multiple platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube), to build and raise awareness
- Assist program staff with creation / maintenance of social media accounts to build World Animal Protection’s digital presence and coordinate with program staff on content.
- Perform ongoing analysis, monitoring, and reporting of efforts on social media. Recommend new platforms or enhancements to existing platforms
- Plan and execute delivery of online content including emails, web stories, blogs, videos and e-newsletters to generate awareness and support programmatic campaigns
- Work in two different email platforms (Blackbaud Luminate and Marketo) to build and deliver e-communications
- Alongside Digital Marketing Manager, enhance and analyse digital supporter journeys using data to pinpoint trends and apply segmentation.
- Coordinate with fundraising on aligning content being distributed to ensure consistency in messaging
- Conceptualize, write, create and edit multimedia content such as infographics, images and video for release on website and social media channels.
- Coordinate with U.S. and International colleagues on digital strategy, messaging, and material creation
- Delivery of World Animal Protection’s Global Strategy across the core themes of Mission, Movement & Transformation in a global, matrix environment
- Work cooperatively with external organisations, teams within World Animal Protection and in the wider animal welfare movement to pursue program objectives and wider organizational goals, including those relating to brand, communications, fundraising and resource management.
- Actively participate in building our brand and maintain the integrity of our brand to support our profile, lead generation, income and engagement.
- Help secure resources (income) and reach (people and partnerships) by actively contributing to our supporter relationships, fundraising, communications, and donor reporting.
- Actively participate and support the organization to ensure that we manage our resources (financial, staff and IT) efficiently and effectively by improvement of systems, reporting and compliance.
- Contribute to a learning culture and create a positive working environment for staff.
- The role holder will from time to time be required to undertake any other duties that are within the scope of this role.
- Take responsibility for their own health, safety and welfare, comply with H&S policy and procedures, and not act in any way that compromises the safety of themselves, colleagues or the public.
- The post holder may be required to travel internationally to provide support or participate in World Animal Protection’s activities as and when required.
Skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, public relations or related field
- 3 years communications and/or digital marketing experience
- Team player with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Knowledge of AP Style a plus.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Able to work independently while comfortable as part of a national/global multi-disciplinary team.
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS
- Proficiency in website, CMS, and social media management
- Proficiency in email marketing and email engine software
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in PC Windows environment, including Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Drupal, Blackbaud Luminate, Marketo, WordPress, Google Analytics and Adwords, Facebook for Business, Hootsuite
- Experience in basic programming preferred
- Committed to animal welfare issues
World Animal Protection offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, and annual leave. Salary is commensurate with candidate's experience.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter including salary requirements and resume to recruiter@WorldAnimalProtection.us.org. The job reference code HR-DMC must be in the subject line. Position will remain open until filled.
World Animal Protection is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.
- See more at: http://www.worldanimalprotection.us.org
*World Animal Protection operates in a matrix environment. This means we routinely work with colleagues from different locations, business units and cultures in cross-functional and virtual teams.
1A global role works across geographic boundaries with a remit to enable the delivery of strategic organisational activity across the world, providing direct input and support at a local level as required. A local role is primarily focussed on the delivery of strategic organisational activity within a country or location, providing information and input to global strategy and directions as required.
Apply for Digital Marketing Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly