Freelance Project Manager - Educational Publishing
It’s a new era in consumer marketing. BlueSoho, a division of Quad/Graphics, helps our clients meet the challenge. As an integrated marketing and technology firm, the BlueSoho team helps customers connect their print content across mobile, digital, video, social media and other marketing channels. Our full suite of services is designed to deliver high-impact brand experiences.
BlueSoHo is seeking a qualified Project Manager to work in our Chicago (Rosemont area) location. The Project Manager will direct our Rights & Permissions teams to perform text and image research, permissions and licensing for a variety of educational publishing projects.
The ideal candidate will manage multiple schedules, budgets and deliverables, while guiding project teams effectively and profitably throughout multiple executions of work.
- Coordinate project teams for rights and permissions projects, through all stages of the process
- Correspond promptly and effectively with multiple client contacts to assure comprehensive communication and collaboration
- Oversee and navigate multiple projects simultaneously through internal departments as well as with our freelance and offshore partners
- Lead internal staff, freelance staff and offshore partner to meet project budget, schedule and quality expectations
- Supply detailed client instructions to internal and external teams
- Ensure tight deadlines are met within established budgets
- Create and distribute daily status reports to clients and staff
- Communicate deadlines, quality issues and technical challenges to clients
- Facilitate and maintain a consistent quality product
- Coordinate with the Educational Publishing Supervisor to perform financial functions including forecasting, estimating, budget management and billing
- Coordinate with the Educational Publishing Supervisor to effectively manage labor resources assigned to projects
- Bachelor’s degree (advertising/public relations, marketing, communications or journalism preferred)
- 5+ years educational publishing experience
- Knowledge of text and image rights and permissions processes
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills to troubleshoot client questions and concerns
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient in data entry and software programs such as Excel and Word
Additional Company Information
You'll work in a friendly, fast-paced, casual environment and be rewarded for your contributions with a competitive compensation package and our commitment to supporting work-life balance.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace