- Full Time
Haymarket Media, Inc. is seeking a News Editor to join the MM&M team. This position is located in our New York, NYoffice.
The News Editor is responsible for overseeing news content across all MM&M channels.
- Assign, edit, and write news stories; Spearhead ways to enhance news delivery such as videos and podcasts
- Coordinate editorial workloads and schedules of reporters
- Manage digital editorial content launches
- Oversee timely, consistent and accurate delivery of daily email newsletter
- Ensure timely delivery of monthly news and departments for 12-issue-per-year print magazine to production team
- Oversee social media promotion of content by digital editor
- Work on long-form features
- Contribute to sponsored projects in ways such as moderating roundtables or webcasts and conducting video interviews
Skills and Requirements:
- 5-10 years’ experience working on a digital news property
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, or related major
- Specialized knowledge of healthcare or pharma industry highly desirable
- Comfortable editing and writing within any content management system
- Experience with social media content promotion, uploading of video (not editing), and public speaking
- Ability to maintain professionalism while working under deadline pressure
Please send your resume, along with a cover letter, three (3) recent writing samples, and your salary requirements
MM&M, first published in 1966 as Medical Marketing & Media, is the media brand of record for pharmaceutical marketing and commercialization, delivering the most balanced and relevant coverage of its subject matter.
The 50-year-old business title produces an essential mix of online breaking news and analysis combined with monthly print features — timely, objective, original editorial content for an executive audience of leaders and thinkers who work in pharma, medical device, diagnostics and greater healthcare marketing.
Every year the magazine produces exclusive lists, like the Top 40 Healthcare Transformers and the Hall of Femme, honoring the year's health-tech innovators and leading female healthcare marketers, respectively, as well as surveys with the latest data about industry salaries and marketing trends, plus an annual Agency Issue, featuring profiles of the top 100 healthcare marketing agencies in North America.
MM&M also develops annual conferences and live and virtual events, and it runs the industry's premier awards program, the MM&M Awards, which celebrates creativity and effectiveness in healthcare marketing. Through an intelligent mix of news, analysis, opinion, features and special reports, MM&M helps readers make sense of this dynamic, complex sector, arming them with the tools they need to make crucial decisions.
Haymarket has its heart and soul in publishing and media. Since the company was founded half a century ago, Haymarket has always prided itself on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of the products and the people. The philosophy has always been quite simple: only by having the highest quality individuals can you produce the highest quality products, combining the best in content, design, production and customer services. Globalization is opening up the world further and provides many opportunities for growth. Haymarket has offices around the world and many of the titles are now truly global brands. Haymarket serves a broad spread of business markets, from marketing to medicine to technology along with exhibitions and live events. Predicting the shape of the business in 3, 5, or 10 years is almost impossible; and the unpredictability is part of the appeal. Haymarket aims to be the perfect company to work with or for – we have the processes and attitude that ensure quality and consistency, and an entrepreneurial spirit that makes every day rewarding.
An equal opportunity employer, Haymarket Media does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected category recognized by state, federal, or local laws.