SourceMedia is looking for a Media Planner to join our Digital Account Services team. The Media Planner is an integral member of the team focused primarily on supporting sales through all presale campaign activities from pitch to insertion order approval.
The ideal candidate is a team player and possesses strong analytical skills, attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and concise communication skills. Additionally, candidates with deep knowledge of digital media and a track record of success in digital advertising are preferred.
The role is focused on assisting in the pre-sales media planning process with the sales team, managing inventory and collaborating with campaign managers during the post sales process.
- Manages the pre and post-sale process from RFP to final billing cycles
- Work with sales and digital products teams to interpret and develop media plans based on campaign KPIs and sales strategy
- Serve as the day to day client contact for all digital media plan submissions, plan revisions and planning inquiries during the initial sale
- Responsible for entry of the plan into internal systems and working with appropriate parties
- Responsible for managing and forecasting inventory through analyzing historical data
- Co-lead kick-off call with Digital Campaign Managers to communicate pertinent information required to launch and manage campaigns
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with: Sales Reps, Digital Campaign Managers and other internal teams for large RFPs
- Maintain service excellence through effective client communication
- Modify client presentation templates for select digital campaigns
- Work with Digital Account Managers to monitor and manage pacing and performance, provide proactive optimizations to achieve campaign KPIs
- Revise IOs for optimizations and help to identify upsell opportunities with client and/or agency
- Communicate with Sales to ensure correct technical specs for Ad Ops are submitted to clients
- Provide launch screenshots to agency/client
- Provide clients and/or agency partners with weekly campaign updates and performance reports throughout the duration of a campaign
- Provide campaign wrap-up reports to the agencies/clients
- Provide inventory availability to sales based on analyzing historical data what is available and possible to deliver in full.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Highly organized, proactive & analytical
- Experience with Salesforce, Google DFP, Google Analytics
- Able to analyze data to turn it into information (inventory availability, line item impressions/pricing for proposals) using Microsoft Excel (pivot tables)
- Strong communication & customer service skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, to be a problem solver and to juggle numerous projects simultaneously
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage; disability and life insurance; paid time off; a 401(k) plan; a pre-tax transportation payment program; and subsidized health club membership.
For consideration, please apply online and submit a cover letter plus a resume.
SourceMedia complies with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit discrimination because of age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest records, unemployment status or any other protected category.