NowThis is looking for a Publisher, Content Syndication to join our video distribution team. We are looking for publishers who can work across many verticals, partners, and owned & operated channels. This person will work within NowThis CMS and lead day-to-day operations for content publishing in all owned and operated video platforms, while also improving video optimization, streamlining workflow, and pushing forward audience growth. We need independent self-starters and critical thinkers. In this role, content creation meets audience analytics, and you will be the driving force behind it. This role reports to Head of Social Video & Publishing.
- Manage all aspects of video distribution within NowThis CMS for all owned and operated video platforms
- Work closely with editorial leads to curate daily videos posts and prioritize time sensitive content
- Write consumer headline and description copy in collaboration with supervising publisher & editorial leadership to maintain editorial and brand voice
- Work closely with Insights to optimize tags for all videos to support platform growth
- Create SEO titles and descriptions using corporate best practices and in conjunction with VP Search at Group Nine Media
- Develop a workflow that allows for speed of editorial distribution and maximizes efficiency of newsroom time and resources
- 2+ years CMS experience and publishing video content for a newsroom, digital outlet, or brand
- Strong grammar and communication skills required
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Able to multi-task, prioritize projects, and communicate progress
- Able to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced newsroom
- Flexibility: We’re a newsroom, and breaking news doesn’t always happen during traditional hours
- Foreign language skills are a bonus (please indicate fluency or proficiency)
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.