The Account Executive will play a pivotal role with U.S. News & World Report’s frontline sales force in targeting, researching, and soliciting potential advertisers. The ideal candidate for this position will have 5 years of experience as a digital sales professional and must be self-motivated, creative, a team player, and able to operate successfully within a customer service oriented environment. This Account Executive role is highly strategic, demanding a big picture thinker with a unique and conceptual approach to sales. The role is execution-oriented, requiring a hands-on, ambitious, “get-it-done” mentality. The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial, proven performer with a passion for selling U.S. News & World Report.
- Generate a high volume of sales-related activity, including: cold calls, meetings, RFPs, and client entertaining
- Target, solicit and secure new business by utilizing exemplary sales skills, networking ability, and media tools
- Work across a variety of different internal groups to execute integrated solutions for the advertiser
- Structure, negotiate and close complex and sophisticated deals involving top-level decision makers both within advertiser and agency organizations
- Interface continuously and work effectively with the company’s top management creating solid internal relationships, bringing a “big picture” perspective to the business development effort as well as defining ongoing priorities and new opportunities
- An understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem. Solid relationships with key decision makers at the agency and brand levels
- Must bring proven, established and sound relationships within the corporate advertising community, understanding the nuances and competitive intelligence with regard to U.S. News & World Report’s brand equity and marketing goals
- A track record of opening new accounts and driving new business
- Creativity and perseverance to develop business over the long term, a high level of independent thought and strategy
- A reputation for being an enthusiastic, energetic, effective networker who enjoys the selling process and is committed to building relationships and adding credibility for the Company
- A strong customer focus coupled with a sense of urgency for the business, and a passion for delivering the highest level of client service
- A strong existing “rolodex” of decision-capable client relationships
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to close a deal
- Excellent follow-up, strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Superb communication skills, both oral and written. The ability to speak to a senior level audience with confidence.
- Experience with corporate/thought-leader brands and financial services accounts is a plus
- A solid working knowledge of media planning tools, CRM and Microsoft office
We are offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, vision and 401(k) plan.