Part-Time Editorial Administrative Assistant
- Part Time
The New York State Society of CPAs seeks a part-time Administrative Assistant (20 hours/week) to work with our editors in the preparation of editorial content for our publication, The CPA Journal.
Editorial experience or experience in communications is a plus.
- Process Management – process manuscript submissions and solicitations in the editorial database—log in submitted manuscripts, assign reviewers, log revised manuscripts, monitor articles out for review, follow up with reminders, send accept/reject letters, send copyright forms.
- Check general email account and reply or route messages as needed.
- Mail complimentary copies to authors and other selected persons each month.
- Help maintain database of Editorial Board members and ad hoc reviewers; produce correspondence to board members as directed.
- Generate manuscript aging report, turnover report, manuscripts in review, accepted and rejected stats. Produce reports on outstanding manuscripts, contributing reviewers, and authors as directed.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Commensurate with an undergraduate (B.A. or B.S.) degree.
- Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- General Internet usage for online research and fact-checking.