Digital Line Producer - CBS News.com (Contract)
CBSN is looking for a digital line producer to work on its 24-hour live stream with the control room team managing, optimizing and timing live and on demand video content for mobile, desktop and OTT (Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire) platforms.
We need someone who is adept at building a rundown; someone who prides themselves on their timing and control room skills; someone who is tapped into social media. This role requires close coordination with the senior and broadcast line producers during live news programs. The digital line producer also takes on many responsibilities from writing headlines to maximize SEO and shareability, to working with video editors and the social media team to edit and publish video.
Full time freelance
- Build and create show rundowns/write headlines for both live and tape
- Maintain an ongoing and close coordination with Master Control
- Work under extremely tight deadline to write headlines and edit video for live digital broadcast
- Editing/turning around video
- MPX’ing stories, writing Hed and Dek
- On occasion, the DLP works directly with development engineers to improve user interface and implement sponsorship content
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- Must have minimum of 2-5 years work experience in Cable, Broadcast or Digital
- Stacking and timing rundowns
- Strong writing skills, accuracy, organizational skills and attention to detail is a must
- Must feel comfortable in a fast pace control room
- Time Management skills and works well under pressure
- Understanding of SEO
- Be familiar with Avid editing systems and ENPS
- Available for early morning, nights, weekends, holidays - this is a 24-hour network
- Clearly distinguish between the minimum required vs. preferred qualifications (note: Focusing on minimum requirements for both education & experience is important to avoid deterring potential candidates).
You might also have –
- Someone who can use video, graphics and other elements to enhance coverage of every story
- Coordinated reporter hits as well as research and booking
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.