Social Media Specialist
Leading website for K-12 teachers is seeking a talented and experienced Social Media Specialist to join our creative team. Quick pace and heavy deadlines—but great rewards too, like working from your home office, collaborating with an inspiring team across three time zones and above all, knowing that you are making a difference for teachers and kids.
As part of the creative team, you will work across 11+ social media channels with 1.8 million followers. You’ll act as a community manager by interacting with the pages daily, keeping a pulse on trending conversations, and getting to know our educator audience in-and-out. Additionally, you will work on content (social media and other) for a variety of growing client programs.
The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver and strategic thinker who is self-motivated, well-organized, and proactive, with exceptional communication skills. This position allows for a lot of creative freedom and will enable you to wear many hats.
Teaching experience is a plus, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years social media experience, with at least 2 of those years focused on managing a Facebook page for a publisher or brand
- Strong writing skills—with demonstrated experience in short-form, Internet-savvy writing
- An ability to communicate our brand voice and mission
- An ability to research new clients and pitch a content strategy, as it pertains to their goals
- Experience with Facebook Ads Manager, Facebook groups, video and graphic design, a plus
What you'll do:
- Develop, write, and post daily high-frequency content across our social channels
- Act as a lead community manager, monitoring the pages daily
- Look for opportunities to grow our channels, and contribute to the overall strategy in how social relates to the bigger picture
- Contribute to client social media channels, and bring new ideas to the table
- Work collaboratively with an amazing team of talented editors, writers, and designers
Interested? Send us your resume and cover letter with the following:
- Links to online portfolio/work samples
- Five social media posts, including copy and creative, that you would post to our WeAreTeachers Facebook page