Marketing & Publicity Associate, JIMMY/James Patterson Books
- Full Time
The Marketing and Publicity Associate provides administrative & project support for JIMMY Patterson Books and James Patterson.
The position will work closely with a Publicity Director and Marketing Manager to create high-impact marketing and publicity campaigns for JIMMY Patterson titles and authors, including James Patterson, and for James Patterson adult titles from Little, Brown and Company. The associate will also support the managers on James Patterson’s pro-reading philanthropic initiatives.
The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with high profile author appearances and publicity campaigns
• Create and coordinate promotional materials, such as press releases and press kits
• Develop and maintain relationships with broadcast, print and online media to secure reviews and features
• Coordinate and execute media campaigns, implement review copy mailings and manage media lists
• Assist with award submissions and manages database for tracking awards
• Assist with coordinating trade show and conference presence, author appearances and giveaways
• Create weekly email blasts sharing media & event recap
• Provide ongoing administrative support including mailing books, coding invoices, tracking budgets, making travel arrangements and scheduling meetings
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• 1-2 years of experience in marketing or publicity
• Excellent organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
• Ability to work independently, prioritize effectively, and meet quick deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills, & ability to multi-task successfully
• Superb verbal and written communication skills, internet savvy, and knowledge of the media
• Interest in and enthusiasm for book publishing, marketing and publicity
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
• Knowledge of social media and Cision Media database a plus