Direct the Acquisition and Conversion Marketing at a market disrupter
2 days left
- Full Time
Direct the Acquisition and Conversion Marketing at a market disrupter
Position: Director of Acquisition Marketing
Reporting to: CMO
Location: ATL, NYC or White Plains, NY
What is the role?
As the Director of Acquisition Marketing, you will join this high growth business as a member of the Marketing Leadership Team, report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer of Hiscox USA and oversee all lower funnel direct acquisition and conversion marketing activity for the direct to consumer small business segment. The key growth objective is to increase traffic and conversions of targeted profitable prospects to our website and call-center. This will include a range of acquisition and direct response media, agency management and leadership of 4 direct reports.
Many companies position marketing assignments as a chance to grow a brand, disrupt a market or help grow a department. Few can validate that. Hiscox USA is in a rare position of being a market disrupter, significantly and routinely outperforming its competition and embracing a point of view on marketing as well as a broader set of corporate values unlike most in its industry.
We are poised to continue over-delivering on our objectives with the right person directing the acquisition marketing area. You will have ample latitude to create, shape and influence an acquisition strategy, agency support and team structure. We are ready – are you?
At a high level, this is what you’ll be responsible for:
- Define and execute our direct customer acquisition, conversion and retention strategy to meet aggressive annual growth goals
- Lead, mentor and strengthen a team of 4 acquisition marketers
- Develop and maintain reporting on the efficacy of marketing efforts and spend
- Identify, test and scale new owned, earned and paid acquisition channels with a fast moving, data driven approach
- Work cross-functionally to develop new landing pages, marketing content, A/B tests and growth projects
- Work with the product marketing team to coordinate roll-out plans for new products and features
- Partner with the call center team to educate and support on marketing positioning
- Manage our key creative, digital and media agencies to plan, launch, measure and optimize activity
Please provide a cover letter and resume which clearly communicates that you are the person to take on this challenge at Hiscox USA. Here are some of the requirements we would ideally like to see:
- 10 years of digital marketing and customer acquisition experience with evidence of:
- Proven ability to lead and influence high performing teams.
- Proven ability to develop and execute clear annual marketing plans along with the confidence and experience to change direction based on results and update tactical plans on a dime.
- Deep Direct Response marketing experience across a range of channels including SEO, SEM, display, paid social (ad networks/DSPs), direct mail, lead partnerships. Experience testing activity, measuring results and optimizing accordingly is essential.
- Experience building and motivating a sales team to exceed objectives and drive and optimize new tactics to deliver performance objectives.
- Experience of all aspects of campaign management including media planning/testing, creative development and ongoing optimization. Experience with call tracking software (i.e. Marchex) to help optimize marketing performance is key here.
As an international specialist insurer we are far removed from the world of mass market insurance products. Instead we are selective and focus on our key areas of expertise and strength - all of which is underpinned by a culture that encourages us to challenge convention and always look for a better way of doing things.
We insure the unique and the interesting. And we search for the same when it comes to talented people. Hiscox is full of smart, reliable human beings that look out for customers and each other. We believe in doing the right thing, making good and rebuilding when things go wrong. Everyone is encouraged to think creatively, challenge the status quo and look for solutions.
Scratch beneath the surface and you will find a business that is solid, but slightly contrary. We like to do things differently and constantly seek to evolve. We might have been around for a long time (our roots go back to 1901), but we are young in many ways, ambitious, restless, scrappy and going places.
Some people might say insurance is dull, but life at Hiscox is anything but. If that sounds good to you, please get in touch.
About Hiscox USA
Hiscox USA was established in 2006 to focus on the needs underserved and specialty commercial clients via both the regional broker and direct distribution channels and is today the fastest-growing business unit within the Hiscox Group.
Today, Hiscox USA has a talent force of about 400 employees mostly operating out of 6 major cities - New York, Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Hiscox USA offers a broad portfolio of commercial products, including technology, cyber & data risk, multiple professional liability lines, media, entertainment, management liability, crime, kidnap & ransom, commercial property and terrorism.
About the Marketing Team
Marketing partners with all areas of the business to deliver a best in class product to our customers. Marketing acts as the champion of the customer within Hiscox, driving our system and processes and to keep the customer at the top of mind. We work cross functionally to help best use technology and information processes to build our brand and reduce the sales funnel friction. We constantly monitor these systems, add to our marketing tech stack and reengineer them to keep everything running as efficiently as possible.
At Hiscox our spirit is in Challenging Convention and everything we do is guided by our Values.
- Courage: Do the right thing however hard
- Quality: World class where it matters
- Integrity: True to our word
- Excellence in Execution: Consistent, timely, efficient delivery
- Human: Firm, fair and inclusive
What Hiscox USA Offers
- Competitive salary and bonus (based on personal & company performance)
- Comprehensive health insurance, Vision, Dental and FSA
- 401(k) with competitive company matching
- 24 Paid time off days
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid sabbaticals after 10 years of service
- Dynamic, creative and values-driven culture
- Modern and open office spaces, complimentary fruit and drinks
- Spirit of volunteerism, social responsibility and community involvement, including matching charitable donations for qualifying non-profits via our sister non-profit company, the Hiscox USA Foundation
You can follow Hiscox on Facebook, LinkedIn, Glassdoor and Instagram (@HiscoxInsurance)
Apply for Direct the Acquisition and Conversion Marketing at a market disrupter
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly