- Full Time
The New York Post, founded by Alexander Hamilton in 1801, is the oldest continuously published daily newspaper in the United States and is one of the top ten newspapers in the country ranked by circulation. Founded as a newspaper, the New York Post has evolved into a national digital brand. The flagship sites, nypost.com and pagesix.com, and all of its digital products and social channels, are infused with the flavor and style of the original newspaper, but also purpose-built for the digital age. The Post offers the best news, business coverage, opinion – plus Page Six and The Best Sports in Town. The New York Post is available in print, on the web at nypost.com and via iPad, Android and smartphone applications. The New York Post is owned by News Corp.
The Marketing Director will play a pivotal role in the overall financial performance of the New York Post brand. He/she will rely on significant experience and skill set in audience development and direct marketing to drive paid circulation through home delivery subscriptions. This experienced yet entrepreneurial marketer will have the autonomy to draw from a variety of print, online, and nontraditional channels to drive revenue and have a direct impact on the bottom-line success of this major media brand.
- Develop the annual circulation plan, maximizing the profitability of the circulation revenue stream and monitoring performance against goals.
- Focus on acquiring and retaining new, profitable sources of subscribers while maintaining and maximizing the existing file.
- Utilize partnerships, grassroots campaigns, email marketing and other creative marketing techniques to increase paid circulation.
- Set offer and pricing strategy for entire subscriber base.
- Grow retention through improved service and the development of incentive and loyalty plans.
- Improve customer experience & communication.
- Set customer service policies – in unique cases, communicate one on one with customers to resolve any sensitive issues.
- Work closely with internal technology team to set project parameters and facilitate development.
- Develop and/or maintain relationships with key vendors, reviewing contracts and ensuring performance meets expectations.
- Supervise a staff of 3, responsible for acquisition, operations, and customer service/retention.
- Roughly 8-12 years of experience in developing profitable and winning strategies for a paid circulation product.
- Experience creating and implementing a circulation budget.
- Particular expertise in retention subscription marketing.
- Familiarity with a CRM system (DTI preferred).
- A record of having a creative, innovative approach toward developing new business.
- Knowledge and understanding of consumer habits and how to generate subscriptions through the Web and other non-print sources
- A proven track record of working simultaneously with various management styles and constituencies.
- BA/BS required.
Profile of the Ideal Candidate
- Highly analytical and data-driven, understanding the relationship between sales volume and profitability.
- Strength as an accomplished marketer, but at the same time has the ability to get “inside the numbers.”
- Customer centric mindset
- Instinctive feel for the key drivers of revenue.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong ability to multi-task, think strategically and problem solve
- Collaborative, empowering management style
- Works well with colleagues across the organization
- Goal-oriented, team player
NYP is an EOE.