Senior Manager, Data Science & Analytics
The Post Digital Network reaches 49 million people every month across NYPost.com, PageSix.com, and Decider.com. This is an opportunity to join an iconic media brand as it continues to expand and roll out exciting new products.
The Data Science & Analytics team at the New York Post is responsible for end-to-end data capture, analysis, and data productization. The team seeks a Senior Manager with 4-6 years of experience in a data science, consulting, or analytics role.
- Ensure proper data collection is in place across all platforms (site, social, apps, distributed content) from technical, strategic, and business perspectives
- Leverage the data gathered to better understand how individuals find New York Post content, where they consume it, how to further optimize that experience, and drive them down the marketing funnel
- Aggregate, analyze, and present analyses for a variety of users from the editorial, product, audience development, sales, and executive teams
- Productize analyses using different platforms like Tableau, custom apps, or other tools in the aim of advancing the self-service analytics function
- Maintain relationships with relevant vendors and explore new relationships as necessary
- Collaborate with internal users on new data products, analyses, and engagements
- Become a data expert on New York Post properties, distribution tactics, and how to interpret the outputs collected from them
- Develop a playbook of best practices around article production, promotion, and monetization
- Experience in gathering, synthesizing, and analyzing large data sets, particularly social network data, web analytics tools, and distributed content tracking
- Expert-level Excel skills
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics is important
- SQL proficiency
- Experience in media and/or publishing is ideal
- Knowledge of R for statistical analyses and Tableau and/or D3 for data visualization is a plus
- Experience with Optimizely for A/B tests on the web and in apps is optimal as well
- Experience in presenting for varied groups of individuals
- A detail-oriented work ethic
A sense of curiosity about what makes the web tick, a desire to experiment and innovate with existing tools, and a need to figure out what’s next and plan for the future.