Social Media Manager
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Broadcast Group's Social Media Team helps empower our newsrooms across the country to provide their communities with award-winning journalism through innovative use of social media. We help craft strategies for stations and journalists to win in their market every day.
We're looking for a Social Media Manager who brings a passion for innovation at the intersection of social media & local journalism. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to foster great partnerships with our newsrooms. You should be comfortable educating and training at all levels of social media experience.
This role will assist with operations for monetization efforts on social media, such as sponsored Facebook Live programs or branded video on-demand.
The social media manager must be well versed in social media measurement, including CrowdTangle, but Facebook's Insights platform, and how to use data to determine what content strategies are most effective.
- Fosters partnerships between newsrooms and Sinclair's Social Media Team
- Oversee social media support for operations and talent, ensuring needs are met in a timely manner
- Provide weekly and monthly company-wide social media performance metrics to local operations and key stakeholders
- Partner with digital and broadcast news leadership to develop specialized social content strategies to scale
- Author social media training documentation
- Work with sales teams on social content monetization implementation and training
- Manage day-to-day and mentor social media coordinators.
- Able to work early mornings, late nights and weekends as needed to help cover major stories
- Able to travel to stations and conferences as required
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 5 years of social media management experience, ideally in a newsroom or other collaborative environment
- Extensive experience with social media platforms, preferably in an editorial context
- Deep understanding of social media analytics
- Positivity, creativity, and a passion for collaboration in a team environment
- Strong, effective communicator (both verbally and in writing)
- Passion and appreciation for local journalism and breaking news
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint; and/or Apple Keynote
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Basic knowledge of content management systems (CMS)
- Experience managing a team
- Journalism (or related) degree required
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!